Oh no, not another BBQ forum!

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Oh no, not another BBQ forum!

Postby Gator » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:02 pm

Well, yes.

I thought I should explain why another BBQ site. I'm not, what you call, one of the BBQ Elite in the BBQ community - so who the heck am I? I am a guy, like a lot of you, who has BBQ-ed in my backyard all my life. In fact, I think me and a college buddy started grillin and chillin back in the mid 80's. I have always loved BBQ. I like to cook it and I like to go eat it and I like to talk about it. I smoke on a Southern Style upright, direct heat. I am currently in the market for a new smoker like a Stumps, Cookshack, Spicewine...etc. I still do a fair amount of grillin and chillin too. :D

The second part comes my start-up spice business. SuckleBusters, actually, calling it a business is generous - it aint much, but hey, it's mine. My main goal is to get SuckleBusters up and running successfully within the next few years.

Thats where the Texas BBQ Forum comes in. First off. I do not have an axe to grind with anyone. I have not been treated unfairly. This aint about that.

However, I learned rather quickly that small guys like me have limited space on the internet to get the word out. So I decided that the best way to get my word out was to create Texas BBQ Forum + let all BBQers have a voice on my site. I may be headed for disaster. I dont know how this will work out folks. We shall see. There are some great forums out there and there are some very good small forums out there too.

I would like to think of my site as half serious. The half that is serious is about great BBQ, the rest is fun and games. Laugh, tell a joke, share a funny link.

So there it is guys, I'm putting out my flag.

Dan Arnold, AKA - Gator
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:06 pm

Best of luck to you, your product and the forum Dan! We'll try and keep the conversation flowing here! Are you planning on linking your product to the forum like Bill does on the Texas BBQrub forum? You can probably get some good ideas there.

Anyway looks like you're off to a great start here. Looking forward to contributing where I can.

Dallas
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Good luck with whatever your endeavor may be. I will be around to support as much as I can!! :D
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks Double D,

I got a button on the SuckleBusters site for the forum.

I am trying to be careful to not make this site all about my spices. I do want an open BBQ Forum and dont want to run anyone off for feeling like its my stuff or else.

So, I am gonna go easy on the links and stuff. But hey, If anybody wants to have a link on thier signature or make a post of thier BBQ products, go for it. I know I will! I have just been too busy to get it on there.

Gator
www.sucklebusters.com
C-Town Smoker
Pilgrim

Postby C-Town Smoker » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:24 pm

No one seems to get the BBQ Rub Forum and site mixed up...get ta promotin' boy!
hof USER_AVATAR
HOF
Rustler

Postby HOF » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Congrats and good luck to you Dan. Hope your new business venture works out for you. :D
My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.
sbr727
Pilgrim

Postby sbr727 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Dan,
Congrats on the startup and best of luck with the venture.

You likely have invested a good deal of time, effort, and capital in this so don't be afraid to tastefully commercialize. I am sure that you find a good deal of suitors or swap ad for ad with other sites for your products.

I would enjoy talking more about rubs. PM if you have the time.

Shawn
Bill
Rustler

Postby Bill » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Well, with around 170 posts and 25 members in what .. 6 or 7 hours, I'd say you're off to a darned good start. Congrats and good luck! 8)
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Guys,

Honestly, I had no idea that so many people would show up on day one! I figured I would be posting to myself for several months! Thanks a lot everyone!

Gator
Roscoe
Pilgrim

Postby Roscoe » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:35 am

Gator, saw your post on Pond Boss. Congrats on the new forum and good luck with your venture!

Ross
It ain't much of story without pics!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:21 am

Thanks Ross.

Gator
CoyoteBlues
Rustler

Postby CoyoteBlues » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:48 am

Its not how many bbq sites there are ...its how many are good ...this one is well on its way!!!

Dan...Good luck and I hope to try some of your product ...need any fiels testers :D :D :D :wink:
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

We just hit our first Milestone here!

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:05 pm

50 registered users in the first 24 hours give or take a few.

Congratulations Dan!
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Hey

Postby DJ » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:58 pm

Hey Dan/Gator,
Know the feeling when it comes to The Little Guy on the internet, and, speaking for myself, the little guy in a town/state not exactly known for its BBQ. I'm in my 4th year in a seasonal BBQ business here in Maine. I'm a transplanted Texan, born and raised in Caldwell. Not making a pile of $$$$, but making up for it in fun and spreading the BBQ word. Work a real job in a shipyard 52 weeks a year, but burn stick and throw on the Brisket week-ends between June and mid October. Adding a link to this site on my site when I finish this note. Best Wishes.
DJ
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:20 pm

Nice site DJ. I noticed you charge $3 less for a rack of BBs than Spares. How can you do that? BBs are considerably more expensive here and I would assume they are there as well.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”