TBBQF Events

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

TBBQF Events

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:43 am

Hi Folks,

Several members have posted or emailed me about TBBQF Events. I wanted to let everyone know what we have planned so far. The enthusiasm is awesome and we want to capture the momentum.

Throw Downs:
We had a lot of interest in our first BBQ Throw Down and plan to have more of these. Our goal is to hold a Throw Down each quarter and schedule it around an existing holiday. We choose holidays that are typically big BBQ events, in that we expect to get more participants. The next Throw Down will be on Memorial Day. Then we are looking at the 4th of July, Labor Day and back around to Super Bowl Weekend. The Throw Down MVP (Most Valuable Picture) rank will move each time to the winner. We also plan to add a few prizes to make it a little more interesting and advertise the event. Thanks again to our Deputies for coordinating our event and making sure things run smoothly. Special thanks to Dave for hosting the pictures on his website.

Additional Forum Picture Polls:
In addition to the TBBQF Throw Downs, many are interested in having BBQ picture polls for other special holidays. I encourage the members to initiate these informal events as much as you like. We will help as much as possible and where needed. Each event will need at least one member volunteer to organize the event, write up the rules, set up the poll, gather, crop, host the pictures then announce the winner. These can be set up any time without any special administration or permissions.

Other Events:
Several have suggested a TBBQF get together or cookoff. We have members from all over North America on the forum, so choosing a single location will be difficult. But for the most part Texas makes the most sense (to me). Between my real job + running SuckleBusters + the TBBQF – I’m pretty tapped on time to coordinate an event. I could use help here in coordinating outside the forum events. Maybe we could choose an existing cookoff and just “meet upâ€
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Logo merchandise sounds good.

I would attend events, but not knowledgable enough about this type of thing to organize, but could assist someone if they needed help.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”