Especially for parts

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Especially for parts

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:29 am

Ok I'm really into loud music like the ramones, but I don't mind a bit of country as well, same as parts. This is for him, I love this catchy http://youtu.be/dQnBC7Yow0U

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Especially for parts

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:25 am

Yes Sir, Pardnah, that's Old Skool and what I was reared on. It really brings back things from my Life like the early cross over Bands. The Venue is also reminiscent of some of the K.C. Halls (Knights of Columbus Halls) that we Danced and Played at. Just grab one of them Sweet Thangs off the Wildflower Bench and Scoot a Boot round that sawdust dusted floor. Also likin the 2/4 or Cut Time Meter for Two Stepp'n. :salut: 8)

Thanks for sharing this and don't be surprised if I don't return the flavor a little later today. :tup:

Emm
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:02 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yes Sir, Pardnah, that's Old Skool and what I was reared on. It really brings back things from my Life like the early cross over Bands. The Venue is also reminiscent of some of the K.C. Halls (Knights of Columbus Halls) that we Danced and Played at. Just grab one of them Sweet Thangs off the Wildflower Bench and Scoot a Boot round that sawdust dusted floor. Also likin the 2/4 or Cut Time Meter for Two Stepp'n. :salut: 8)

Thanks for sharing this and don't be surprised if I don't return the flavor a little later today. :tup:

Emm

There is a lot of your above post that is only understood by a few of us. I remember those old halls and the community centers out toward Cat Spring/ Bellville/Sealy. They'd get those old grates out on those cinder blocks and cook pounds and pounds of chickens. Those folks could drink some beer too.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:48 am

10-4, Neighbor, and don't forget those Dances "after Mass" when we'd all stand around and wait for the Priest to Bless the Food. The minute he said "AMEN" the spigots would be shoved into several Beer Kegs and the Party Started. :tup:

The areas I best remember were in and surrounding Wharton County where there was a great Bohemian/Czech population, mostly farmers. :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 am

OK, PARD, here's my selection for you today - - - some very successful West Coast Cuties covering The Ramones Classic - - - Enjoy :tup: :salut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85QRO6uWhE
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:33 am

How bout a rockabilly version from San Antonio’s own Two Tons Of Steel?

https://youtu.be/0RXbhi6pD3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:43 pm

bsooner75 wrote:How bout a rockabilly version from San Antonio’s own Two Tons Of Steel?

https://youtu.be/0RXbhi6pD3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You simply can not beat a stand-up bass :cheers: when it comes to Rockabilly
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:19 pm

You are absolutely correct GTR. Have you by chance seen what awesome level Bridget Kearney of Lake Street Dive has taken the Dog House Bass ? :cheers: :cheers:
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Had not even heard of them till now. However they are jamming as I type. She certainly has some chops on that bass and the singer has a heck of a powerful voice. I will see them next show in Dallas. Thanks for the heads up on them. :cheers:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Good Deal, you won't be disappointed and if you happen to run into Rachael Price, tell her the Old Man Fan at House of Blues said Howdy :laughing7:

EmRachael01.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Since you mentioned powerful voice, I just have to share this one which is my favorite and I like them all.
She did this in one take and, YES, I'm in Love with her but in a nice way. :rose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUeothSPyc
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Great songs and man she is hot parts.

I love this version of ramones. Very http://youtu.be/yK1GWnA2ihI

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Russ wrote:Great songs and man she is hot parts.

I love this version of ramones. Very http://youtu.be/yK1GWnA2ihI

Russ
Lol @ ^^^^^^^^^^

Russ needs some coolant :)

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”