Texas Blizzard

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

User avatar
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker
Posts: 7774
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Rambo wrote:It’s just a frustrated woman; maybe we won’t kill each other



You greatly underestimated the dangers of you current situation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:It’s just a frustrated woman; maybe we won’t kill each other



You greatly underestimated the dangers of you current situation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laughing7:
User avatar
txsmkmstr
Bandolero
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Location: Tyler, TX
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby txsmkmstr » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Forty nine hours and change... Still no power. Irritates me that I sit in a fairly large metro area, neighbors across the street have power and there's still no firm updates on completed repairs.

Then again, I was prepared for such an event and my neighbors not so much. I'm doing way better than them. Everyone is on edge for sure. :banghead:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:18 pm

txsmkmstr wrote:Forty nine hours and change... Still no power. Irritates me that I sit in a fairly large metro area, neighbors across the street have power and there's still no firm updates on completed repairs.

Then again, I was prepared for such an event and my neighbors not so much. I'm doing way better than them. Everyone is on edge for sure. :banghead:

Hang in there
User avatar
txsmkmstr
Bandolero
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Location: Tyler, TX
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby txsmkmstr » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:04 am

Power back on after 56 hours. Waited a good hour before disconnecting things. Clean up and generator maintenance will begin later today. I'm tired. :whiteflag:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:42 am

txsmkmstr wrote:Power back on after 56 hours. Waited a good hour before disconnecting things. Clean up and generator maintenance will begin later today. I'm tired. :whiteflag:

Yea! I know the feeling; I was exhausted yesterday and then had to put up all the extension cords, generator, etc. not to mention the mess from damp feet traipsing in and out of the house. I feel better this morning so with a good nights sleep tomorrow morning is your target :salut:
User avatar
OldUsedParts
Deputy
Posts: 17685
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 am

Rambo wrote:Yea! I know the feeling; I was exhausted yesterday and then had to put up all the extension cords, generator, etc. not to mention the mess from damp feet traipsing in and out of the house. I feel better this morning so with a good nights sleep tomorrow morning is your target :salut:


If you can spell and type that word, then you must be doing somewhat better :wav:

In all my days on earth, I have NEVER written or typed the word "TRAIPSING" (until just then) :!:
I'm even starting to feel better and there wasn't anything wrong to start with. :laughing7: :lol: :D :salut: :texas:

"HANG TUFF Y'ALL" :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:09 am

Lol Emm, sometimes the Redneck just rolls out :laughing7:
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm

txsmkmstr wrote:Power back on after 56 hours. Waited a good hour before disconnecting things. Clean up and generator maintenance will begin later today. I'm tired. :whiteflag:

Hope you’re better and having a glass of Wine or a Cold Beer tonight Brother.
User avatar
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker
Posts: 7774
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm

I hope all of y’all that had the power knocked out get a couple good night sleep in a warm bed. I imagine that has to feel real nice about now. We’ve been thinking about you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

bsooner75 wrote:I hope all of y’all that had the power knocked out get a couple good night sleep in a warm bed. I imagine that has to feel real nice about now. We’ve been thinking about you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I tried the recliner AND the Rug Sunday night; I’m too old for that
User avatar
txsmkmstr
Bandolero
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Location: Tyler, TX
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:25 am

Whew.... What a nice QUIET evening without the drone of two generators running. A big ol' pot of chicken & dumplings for dinner helped. I'm thankful to have come through this relatively unscathed. One more good night's sleep and I'll be ready for the next one. I'll be tweaking my set-up a bit in order to lessen the running around once things are hooked up. I have a feeling we may get another snowfall this season.

As you might remember Scotty of Star Trek fame...... "I'm givin' her all she's got Captain!!" These two Champion inverter generators were true workhorses. Only two minor issues the whole time. Last year I installed a dedicated pass-through to avoid running cords thru windows and the like. I don't care to backfeed for multiple reasons. Once inside the spaghetti of cords began. Here's a pic of my outside set-up. Time to fire up the smoker very soon. :chef: :chef: :chef:

Image
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
User avatar
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3435
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:39 am

Glad things are coming back to normal and you all are good.

How much snow did you get? I understand that if you don't get snow regularly it doesn't take much to cause problems.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
User avatar
Rambo
Deputy
Posts: 5594
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm
Location: Lufkin, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Rambo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm

We got about 4” Joe; enough to cause chaos in an area that gets that much about every 5 or 10 years
User avatar
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 3435
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact:

Re: Texas Blizzard

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Rambo wrote:We got about 4” Joe; enough to cause chaos in an area that gets that much about every 5 or 10 years
Yes. That is absolutely enough to cause problems. With your temperatures I guess it's wet and heavy.

35.3 cubicfeet of wet snow weights about 800 pounds.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests