Nobody uses the chat room

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Delaware Smoker
Bandolero

Nobody uses the chat room

Postby Delaware Smoker » Sun May 20, 2007 9:48 am

Why is is that nobody uses the chat room?There are about five people on line here now,but not in chat room.Use to be,that on Mon you could find several people chatting.Is the nice weather,playing a part in this?
Bill
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun May 20, 2007 10:07 am

Well, Mondays was about the only evening that I could really get in there because of work.

Because of my wife's broken leg and her not being able to do anything, I am having to pick up her portion of the housework on top of waiting on her hand and foot! This leaves me little time to do anything! :cry: But it looks like she is getting to where she can move around a little bit so maybe she can start doing a few little things to help.

Gator asked me to help with the chat room, but so far I feel that I haven't been a good helper... :wink: :oops:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun May 20, 2007 10:21 am

I don't think most people use the chat room in the mornings. They come on read and maybe post and then get on with their day. :D Evenings are usually when people take a little more time to sit and talk. :D Sometimes I wonder if people realize that the chat room is open to use all the time and not just on Wed. or Mon. evenings. :dont:
Jim
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sun May 20, 2007 10:34 am

OSD wrote:I don't think most people use the chat room in the mornings. They come on read and maybe post and then get on with their day. :D Evenings are usually when people take a little more time to sit and talk. :D Sometimes I wonder if people realize that the chat room is open to use all the time and not just on Wed. or Mon. evenings. :dont:

thats what I do.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun May 20, 2007 10:39 am

I know that I have mentioned a time or two that the chatroom is always open.

Personally, I feel that you have to be in the "mood" to chat. Like you said, there are times that I have time to get on, check messages and then I have to go. I don;t always have time to chat for 30 minutes or so.

I work nights so it's hard for me to chat in the evening. First because I may get called away from the PC at work and when that happens, I don't have time to say hold on or be right back.

And two, our PC at work is very slow. In the chatroom, it literally takes about a second for a letter to appear when I am typing.
Chuck

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun May 20, 2007 10:57 am

Chuck, the company you work for has lots of money. :D Tell them you need a new computer because the old one is too slow and it interferes with your chatting about BBQ. :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet that would go over well :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun May 20, 2007 11:56 am

OSD wrote:Chuck, the company you work for has lots of money. :D Tell them you need a new computer because the old one is too slow and it interferes with your chatting about BBQ. :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet that would go over well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know... Out of all of our "sister" companies, us and the Kansas City Star are the 2 big profit machines for the "mother" company. What makes us mad is that they take our profits and subsidize the other companies that are losing money so we don't get things that we need.

Funny thing is that they put us on a pay raise freeze for 18 months, but during that time out "mascot" Rusty died. They sure found enough money to buy a new Longhorn stupid cow to replace Rusty!!! That cow was the runner up Grand Champion (right term?) of the Ft. Worth Stockshow. We are figuring that he cost the company close to $100,000, but we cant get a little ol 3% raise!

Our "mother" company was recently bought out and the new company has sold a couple of the money losing newspapers. They have told us that we will not subsidize any other papers. Supposedly we keep our profits. Yeah, right... We'll see!

My company is a multi million dollar newspaper (mother company a multi billion $ company), but we have had 2 pallet jacks down for parts that would total around $500 for both jacks. They sat over 6 months because "we don't have the money to buy the parts"!!!

Our old PC was a P1 90 MHz. They finally upgraded us about 2 years ago to something that was barely a P2. It has 128 meg ram if I remember right.

But our company can't afford to replace our computer with something that we can actually use...

</rant> :lol:

See what you did!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun May 20, 2007 12:05 pm

I remember my wife ranting about the same things :shock: She worked for them for 11 years. :(
Jim
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun May 20, 2007 12:30 pm

Where did she work? I think that we talked about this, but I can't remember...
Chuck

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sun May 20, 2007 1:50 pm

News Democrat in Il. She was the plate room manager at the plant. :D
Jim

Return to “General Discussion”