Father's Day Traditions

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Father's Day Traditions

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:06 am

Father's Day is this Sunday. :D Anyone have special plans or traditions they do?
My Father passed 29 years ago,:cry: so for me it's a few quite moments at different times of the day remembering some of the great times we had together when I was growing up. :D They always bring a smile to my face. :D 8) I still miss him. :(
Jim
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:56 am

Same for me also Jim, Dad been gone long time now. But I still think of him often. I do have lots of photos from good times. CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:53 am

Jim, CF - Sorry to hear about your Dad's. I lost my Dad in 1999. We never were really close as I was growing up, but in the later years became closer. In fact, he was my best man in my wedding.

Now, as for traditions, this year we are having our first annual Fathers Day feast at Texas de Brazil. This will be an ongoing tradition as long as the keep sending us "Fathers eat free on Fathers day" coupons!!!

I will stop eating anything tomorrow so I will have plenty of room in my belly for that all of that steak! Gotta get my moneys worth and keep that disk on green!!! :wink: :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 am

Jim, CF, Nascar,
Sorry to hear about your dad's. Mine is still avlive, but we are not that close since I do not get alone with my step-mother. SO, we do not have any Traditions. Nor, do we have any with my step-father whom I get alone great with. He is my best friend. BUT, this year we will start a Tradition since I have a smoker now. SO this will be our first annual.......... that is far as I have gotten with a name. Dont want the usual normal "annual fathers day Bar-b-q" name. SO I will work on it.
Last edited by antaean7 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:13 pm

No traditions here since this will personally be my 5th Fathers Day and my father passed when I was 10.
Anyway, this year I am smokin 3 briskets, 1/2 fresh ham, 2 butts and maybe 5-6 racks of ribs. My father in law for some reason has taken an interest in the prep and cooking rather than the eating so he's going to help out with the cook through the night. Soak up some Sam Adams and Smoke! Cant wait
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:34 pm

That's the best gift you can give your Dad, if he's passed....just think of him and the special times you had, and know that he's probably looking down upon you thinking of those same special times.

I'm lucky to have my Dad still around, and he'll be coming up to enjoy some Pulled Pork sammiches. Dad's starting to get into Q'ing too so when he comes up from FL, we have a great time talking about Q and other stuff!
Regards,
Scotty
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Scotty, where does your Dad live in Fl???
Jim
scotty da q USER_AVATAR
Scotty Da Q
Cowboy

Postby Scotty Da Q » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:01 pm

OSD wrote:Scotty, where does your Dad live in Fl???

Naples...

We went down a few years ago... Nice place...but not for me. Fire ants, crocks, no dirt....not much fun for kids IMO. we had fun though ..went to Bonita Springs, and the glades....Naples Pier and watched a guy angle a juvie hammerhead shark. LOL
Regards,
Scotty
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Re: Father's Day Traditions

Postby copkid » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:33 pm

OSD wrote:Father's Day is this Sunday. :D Anyone have special plans or traditions they do?
My Father passed 29 years ago,:cry: so for me it's a few quite moments at different times of the day remembering some of the great times we had together when I was growing up. :D They always bring a smile to my face. :D 8) I still miss him. :(

I'm right there with you! Myt Dad's been gone 9 years, and I haven't picked out a Fathers Day card since. I used to spend hours picking out the funniest and raunchiest one! I'll let the kids pick out one for their Dad, but I just can't do it. I'll fire up the grill, and raise a cold one to Dad!
So I guess that's a no to traditions. I'm sure Eric's Dad will call last minute and wonder why we aren't rushing down to his house. Long story, but NOT!!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Naples is about 150 miles south of where I live. :D If you come down again, give me a shout. :D
Jim
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:47 pm

Do they still do the swamp buggy races in Naples?
Chuck

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:23 pm

Yep, they have them all over down that way. :D :D
Jim
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:07 pm

Really? They used to show those on TNN years ago. I enjoyed watching them.
Chuck

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:18 pm

They still have it on TV. I can't remember the name of the town where they have that big track. :scratch: The one with the sippy hole that will swallow a buggy if it slows down. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Jim
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:28 pm

I usually get some shuggies on Fathers Day. She always say whut do you want for Fathers day? I always say..I want something with hair on it. Guess it sort of a tradition type deal.

bigwheel

Return to “General Discussion”