Flooding in Texas

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Flooding in Texas

Postby OSD » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:57 pm

I've been seeing all the rain hitting down there and pics of flooding. I hope everyone is alright and not had any problems with all that water. :D They said Ok & Texas were having lots of problems with all the rain. :o Nobody getting close to being washed away??? :roll:
Jim
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:12 pm

The low part of the backyard look sorta like Venice and the skeeters is thicker than fleas on a dawgs back. The grass needs mowing about every 12 hrs. Other than that we aint suffered as of yet..knocking on wood as we speak. Praying too.

bigwheel
[/i]
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:34 pm

We are OK on our side of town. Just lots of rain, but we were high enough that it would take much more rain to flood us.
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Same thing bigwheel said.
a stumpted toe hurts
perryranch USER_AVATAR
perryranch
Cowboy

Postby perryranch » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:57 pm

We're doing good. Not as wet as some but still wet. This is good for us means the grass is a growin and that means hay will be cut. Plus there's more than plenty for the cattle and goats. But the creek has risen and fallen so much that the catfish ain't bitin no more.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:03 pm

dont forget the kansas folk.....its been rainin since Tuesday but not as much as the texas folks are gettin.....over 5 inches since then, needed to mow the grass since tuesday but it'll have to wait......still rainin! :shock:
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:26 pm

Not tryin to get one up on ya, but Marble Falls, TX got 17" in 24 hours! Wow!
Chuck

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:19 pm

nascarchuck wrote:Not tryin to get one up on ya, but Marble Falls, TX got 17" in 24 hours! Wow!

Oh I know chuck and like I said, we ain't got nothin compared to you guys......I didnt want to feel left out :cry: :lol: :lol:
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:46 pm

nascarchuck wrote:Not tryin to get one up on ya, but Marble Falls, TX got 17" in 24 hours! Wow!

That's one up on me for sure heck it took all week for me to get that much rain.........:D
tarde venientibus ossa....
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:35 pm

I just saw where the whole state of Ok is under a watch for storms and flooding. :shock:
Jim
xxfubarxx
Rustler

Postby xxfubarxx » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:55 am

In Houston it's hit and miss...They say it's gonna rain every day till next Wednesday on the extended forecast. But it's only been raining for an hour at a time. Then you look out and it's hotter than heck with the sun shining. So at this point I'm not sure to cook or not to cook or put pontoons on the smoker. Kinda hard to make plans right now. I hate this weather. Whoever switched Texas with Seattle can take the weather back about now. But if anyone knows of a good skeeter killer please pass it on. These things have landing lights on them and are picking up small farm animals. For all of you that are in central and north Texas, I've been there..flooding sux. Make sure you get the carpet out fast and tear the sheet rock up to 4'. Easier to replace it that way. If you can't tear it out punch holes.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:06 am

SteerCrazy wrote:

Oh I know chuck and like I said, we ain't got nothin compared to you guys......I didnt want to feel left out :cry: :lol: :lol:

Saw some Kansas flooding last night on the news, so you don't have to feel left out now. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chuck

Return to “General Discussion”