tex_toby what did ya get

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Re: tex_toby what did ya get

Postby tex_toby » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 am

Davidtxs wrote:
cowboydon wrote:Toby - Glad to hear you got a Canon, bless you. Nah just joshin the Nikon guys. But what you really need to do is buy buy the 50mm prime Canon lense, you can find it on Amazon right now for 106.00 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens - Read the reveiws - that biggest issue that most point out is it feels kinda cheap, as far as manufacturing and the manual focus ring is to small, I will agree with all that, but the photographs you can get with this lense are incredible, It is my daily go to lense. You get the lens and set your camera to Av (apeture priority) and open that lense up to 1.8 - Stand the missus about 2-3 in front of a fence or some bushs and watch the magic happen, and when you stop it down to f22 you got a real nice landscape lense, it fairly versatile. I say shoot on the auto modes and learn what they will do and wont do, but step into the creative modes also, and one other item you may want to consider looking into is shooting in RAW at some point, you should have gotten software that will allow you to work with RAW photos from Canon, thats all I shoot now, as you have total control over the final product.

nice tip thats bout the way i got into manual and your dead lon bout shooting RAW (tioby that means you shoot raw data)
then you make adjustments
and yes get u a 50 1.8
here ya go http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Canon-50mm-f-18 ... era_Lenses" target="_blank

great DOF in the rib shot
Don I always thought Canons were artillery lol
hurry and get the 70 x 200 2l.8 I have the nikon ver
one of my favs is a tokina 10 24 fun little lens
later

Alright fellas - here's where you learn how really green I am with this thing. I ordered on of the 50 1.8 lenses above, but can't figure out how to attach to my camera body. :oops: It doesn't appear to twist on like my current lenses. Do I need an attachment of some sort? :dont:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Toby - If you bought the lense shown in the ad above, you bought a FD mount lense and while I never used an FD mount I did find this this on Canon FD mount lenses on Wiki -

The Canon FD lens mount is a physical standard for connecting a photographic lens to a 35mm single-lens reflex camera body. The standard was developed by Canon of Japan and was introduced in March 1971 with the Canon F-1 camera. It served as the Canon SLR interchangeable lens mounting system until the 1987 introduction of the Canon EOS series cameras, which use the newer EF lens mount. The FD mount lingered through the 1990 Canon T60, the last camera introduced in the FD system, and through the end of the Canon New F-1 product cycle in 1992. The FD mount was based upon and replaced Canon's earlier FL mount (which in turn had replaced the R mount); FD-mount cameras can use FL lenses in stop-down metering mode. There is no known meaning for the notation 'FD', and Canon has never disclosed what, if anything, it stands for.

The Canon FD system enjoyed huge popularity in the 1970s and 1980s, when it established and grew a market share with professional photographers as well as having equipped over a million consumer users. Indeed, sales of the Canon AE-1 camera alone exceeded one million.[1] Canon obsoleted the FD mount by its decision to create the all-electronic EF mount. Thus, the FD mount system, with no provision for auto-focus, is now commercially obsolete, and Canon FD cameras and lenses are available for low prices on the second-hand market. This makes the system very attractive to 35mm film photographers who demand the highest optical quality,[2][3] but who do not need auto focus capability.

Your Canon T1i uses the EF or EFS mount lenses so when you are looking to purchase a lense you should ensure that it is EF or EFS mount and that will match your Canon camera.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
qanddstairs USER_AVATAR
qanddstairs
Pilgrim

Postby qanddstairs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:52 am

hey i wanna take a pic of those burning coals but cant get a pic i have in mind it gets too bright or too dark :D

Return to “General Discussion”