Off topic - help! Dogs stink

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Off topic - help! Dogs stink

Postby egghead » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:31 am

Let the Dogs out this morning and they came back smelling like burnt rubber. Not a skunk. Walked outside and everything seemed fine - no skunk smell in the air. Whole house has a pungent smell somewhat like a stink bug but a little different.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Re: Off topic - help! Dogs stink

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:53 am

Maybe tomato juice. It, supposedly, works for skunk sprays. Could have been a skunk, just not a direct hit.
davidtxs USER_AVATAR
Davidtxs
Bandolero

Postby Davidtxs » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:10 am

dog groomer to the rescue in 14 yrs grooming the BEST THING on the market is below its what just about all profeessionals use itts an enzyme based product

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS TO THE TEE AND IT WORKS. Wash if you want but dont have too if you do wash BEFORE treatment.Then treat DO NOT DRY LET AIR DRY it allows the enzymes to work.
It may take 2 treatments but unless its a badddddddddd skunk one should bee fine.

http://www.petco.com/product/2437/Natures-Miracle-Stain-And-Odor-Remover.aspx

Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover - Pet Odor Remover and Pet Stain Remover from petco.com

Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover contains the same ingredients that nature uses to rid organic debris from the earth's surface--enzymes. It eliminates all stains and odors from pet accidents--even urine odors that other products fail to remove--or your money back. This pet odor remover is safe for use around children and pets and on colors because it's non-toxic, non-flammable, non-caustic and non-acid. It's safe on all water-safe surfaces. Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover eliminates urine odors completely with no perfume cover-up odor. Discourages pet resoiling in same area. It also removes stains and odors caused by foods, blood, vomit, feces, grease, dirt, grass, smoke, perspiration and all other organic stains and odors. Nature's Miracle Pet Stain Remover consists of billions of nature's enzymes that turn organic stains and odor causing material into a liquid you simply wipe away. Plus, only Nature's Miracle contains exclusive ingredients that speed up and greatly increase the effectiveness of the enzymes--and also helps neutralize acids in urine, vomit, and feces which helps restore color and lustre to carpets and floors that have been stained. For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, cages, litter boxes, and pet living and sleeping areas.
When I grow up I wanna be EITHER

Jethro Gibbs thats TW0 B's Second is for
OR
Redneck Cooker "watch out Trigg"
So If any teams want a reasonable website let me know
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks David - will try when I get home

A friend on another forum suggested a grass snake - that they put off a foul odor as a defense mechanism. It certainly isn't a skunk - there is no scent of a skunk in the entire neighborhood.

The dogs sleep in a crate and after they go out through their doggie door and then back in, they jump in bed with my traveling companion. She yelled "get the dogs out of here - they stink to the high heavens".

Of course one of them rolls on the rug in our bedroom every morning.

Wow - and did they stink. I stripped the bed before I left for work but the whole house smells. Went out to my truck and had forgotten something so went back in the house - Bad smell as soon as I opened the door.

I finally got the smell off of my hands - PU
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 am

Hog nose snakes put off a rank smell too!
Thalia
Pilgrim

Postby Thalia » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:25 am

These dog training collars are one of the most useful tools used for training. Primarily used to correct bad habits such as barking, digging, and chewing, a Training Collar can transform a misbehave dog into a well obedient dog.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:57 am

Some Dogs are known to wallow in something that smells foul - - - - DON"T KNOW WHY? but they do

When we lived in the Rockies, Mater Juice, Catsup or ETC was the Pet Shampoo of instant choice - - - often it would take several bathes to Git'er Done. :tup: :salut: Good Luck, Amigeaux :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”