Watcha Doin This Weekend 8/21 - 8/23

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Allie

Postby Allie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:45 pm

Thank you everyone!
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:45 am

Gator wrote:I have soccer, soccer and more soccer this weekend....

Know what you mean.

Just cause I'm a proud papa, I gotta share a couple pics with y'all. The first one is Gillian on her way to her first goal. This weekend she scored 3 goals in her game. Granted, 2 were in her own goal, but they still won. :wink: She's the smallest, and yet the toughest, player on the Blue Bombers. And that was from the other coaches!

Next is Nathan, #5, also the smallest on his team. He got his first goal this year and hasn't let anyone forget it. :wink: Here's is just before he made his break for the goal.

Edit: Nathan is #5, Red Jets.
Last edited by TX Sandman on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:48 am

TX Sandman wrote:
Gator wrote:I have soccer, soccer and more soccer this weekend....

Know what you mean.

Just cause I'm a proud papa, I gotta share a couple pics with y'all. The first one is Gillian on her way to her first goal. This weekend she scored 3 goals in her game. Granted, 2 were in her own goal, but they still won. :wink: She's the smallest, and yet the toughest, player on the Blue Bombers. And that was from the other coaches!

Next is Nathan, #6, also the smallest on his team. He got his first goal this year and hasn't let anyone forget it. :wink: Here's is just before he made his break for the goal.

AAWWWWWHHHH!!!!! ARent' they both so tough!! How adorable!
Auntie Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:00 pm

Well, I worked Friday night and our son had his first football game scheduled to 9AM Saturday morning. Figured I would be home and asleep by 10:30 so I could wake up in time to get across town to Moms house for our sons b-day dinner.

Well, the other team forgot to order the school buses to get them from the school to the football field. They were an hour late getting there. That team had huge kids! One looked to be about 6 ft and I would say 225 or more. And these are 7th graders! Needless to say, we lost.

My son and his coach are having a personality conflict going on and my son didn't get to play at all. Stood on the sidelines ready to go all during the game, but the #$%&^* coach wouldn't play him. Wife got into it with some midget parents from the other team too. Thought that was funny!

From there went straight to a fund raiser car wash for his JCC (ROTC) class. That was crazy too. Seems that right before we got there someone hit one of the little girls working the carwash. Said the driver slammed on the brakes, hit the girl then took off and was gone! Luckily she was only slightly injured.

Got about 2 hours sleep, showered and went to Moms, back home and got to bed about midnight.

Whew! I'm still tired!

Today plan on doing some laundry, house cleaning, mowing and edging...
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “General Discussion”