Need help

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Need help

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:53 am

OldUsedParts wrote:W V, us Car Nuts :roll: call that F_F_F_F_F_F_F_Fabricatn' - - - don't tell anyone but I made a large picture frame out of wood from the old boys restroom that sat in our pasture from the old school house next door - - - OH,, it hadn't been used for many years - - - the restroom either :laughing7: :D :lol:

OOPS, we've done it again ain't we :?: :whiteflag: :dont: :shock: :scratch: :lol:

Oh I'm with u guys, car mechanic for 20 years and a big ( Bowtie ) guy :) ....as in Chevy guy all my life.
I gave up wrenching 10 years ago for getting my sanity back lol.
Went from a 6.6 litre 400 4 bolt main I put in my 78 c-10 to my 2.0 litre that runs circles around it lol.
Can't beat a 275 hp turbo that gets 30 mpg and best part is I'm never ever working on it :) :) :) :)
woodenvisions wrote:[quote="OldUsedParts"]If I may add a couple of pics of my 2 beer can chicken stands to W Vs very nice BBC Tutorial :salut:

I have had this one for many many years and I prefer it to the more modern one that my son gave me. I just set it in an old mini-skillet from my Boy Scout Camp Kit and it cleans up nicely.
IMG_0052.JPG

This is the one my son gave me and, even tho the handles are very nice for removing it, they require a larger pan to sit in. IMHO, with the larger pan you don't get the continuous underneath smoke saturation and coverage that the old one gives you.
IMG_0053.JPG

Power, I imagine that you can get these online without a problem - - - - Good Luck :tup:

I love looking at home made solutions as to store bought items.
Very cool OUP, I'm sure it works like a charm :) :) :)
Lol, reminds me of a MONSTER snow storm ( it's cold white flaky stuff ) that falls from the sky and causes havoc on the roads for you lucky Texans lol !!

Didn't own a snowblower at the time so my buddy came over with his. Well, we have a stone driveway and I picked up a huge rock, came up thru the lower ( metal ) chute and out thru ( yes, right thru ) the top plastic chute :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ...

So.....I had to MacGuyver a top chute. After looking everywhere, I noticed my old license plate from my trailer just looking at me lol..

Worked like a charm, rocks bounced off that plate for 30 minutes, sounded like a large popcorn maker in our driveway at 9 pm[/quote]
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Need help

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:49 am

Getting somewhat back on the subject of Beer Can Chicken for a minute. You don't "have to" use beer. You can simply take an empty soda or beer can and add any liquids, seasonings, marinades or ETC that you want. I've heard of people using various soft drinks also. There's a huge range of possibilites and it's totally up to the Cook and Taster :tup: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Yeah, sorry guys. I drift off subject sometimes
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:14 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Getting somewhat back on the subject of Beer Can Chicken for a minute. You don't "have to" use beer. You can simply take an empty soda or beer can and add any liquids, seasonings, marinades or ETC that you want. I've heard of people using various soft drinks also. There's a huge range of possibilites and it's totally up to the Cook and Taster :tup: :chef:

Now How would you feel if somebody handed you a can or bottle of your favorite frosty beverage and you took a sip and BAM.. It was just apple juice and cider vinegar?! Give that chicken a proper drink!!
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Need help

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Txdragon wrote:[quote="OldUsedParts"]Getting somewhat back on the subject of Beer Can Chicken for a minute. You don't "have to" use beer. You can simply take an empty soda or beer can and add any liquids, seasonings, marinades or ETC that you want. I've heard of people using various soft drinks also. There's a huge range of possibilites and it's totally up to the Cook and Taster :tup: :chef:

Now How would you feel if somebody handed you a can or bottle of your favorite frosty beverage and you took a sip and BAM.. It was just apple juice and cider vinegar?! Give that chicken a proper drink!![/quote]
Lol @ ^^^^^^

Return to “General Discussion”