Sharing some color with Texas

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Sharing some color with Texas

Postby Russ » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:57 pm

bsooner75 wrote:It was very quiet and peaceful. Caught a few trout. 11 yr old caught her first trout and had it for dinner. That was a huge deal…lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, we bought our grandkids fishing rods last Christmas, we were all on our hols and we went to a wee jetty and kids put rods out, 7 yo Isla caught a spotty, I reeled it in and despatched it with a knife, WELL .... Man did she scream the place down because I killed her fish. Your daughter must be more grounded,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="bsooner75"]It was very quiet and peaceful. Caught a few trout. 11 yr old caught her first trout and had it for dinner. That was a huge deal…lots of fun.

Lol, we bought our grandkids fishing rods last Christmas, we were all on our hols and we went to a wee jetty and kids put rods out, 7 yo Isla caught a spotty, I reeled it in and despatched it with a knife, WELL .... Man did she scream the place down because I killed her fish. Your daughter must be more grounded,lol.

Russ[/quote]

LOL - mine sat there and watched me while critiquing my poor knife skills :)

When she was seven it would've been a different story :)

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 pm

You should have seen the expression on mine's face when I pulled the head off a dove and put it in my game bag :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:26 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:You should have seen the expression on mine's face when I pulled the head off a dove and put it in my game bag :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why would you do that? Is that common in your area? We keep doves like pigeons as pets or homing pigeons or they are even used for racing. My local seed guy I go to races his pigeons for big money.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:44 am

Pard, check your PMs
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 pm

No drama here. Will look into this as a meal.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Russ - please never change. Love having you on the forum Bud!

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:24 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Russ - please never change. Love having you on the forum Bud!

Lol, you guys crack me up as well. Just different traditions I guess, when explained I'm ok with it. Don't think my Granddaughter would though. But I'm not saying nuttin,lol.

:lol:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:19 am

[quote="OldUsedParts"]You should have seen the expression on mine's face when I pulled the head off a dove and put it in my game bag :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:[/qu

You mean everyone doesn't? On a side note, my folks were married for 65 years and ever since my brother and I were old enough to hunt (that's about 8 in our neck of the woods) we were always out there on Sept 1st with Dad dove hunting. My poor Mama didn't think far enough in the future when they were discussing wedding days. She never got to celebrate their anniversary on the correct day. Never said a word about it though, just laughed it off. That's the kind of Mama I had, from the best generation in the history of our country.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 am

:salut: on a similar note, I never could understand why Opening Day of Deer Season wasn't a National Holiday :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 am

I had a awesome COLOR moment this morning when I spotted a large bird carrying a very large fish and it just happened to be at the time I had driven down to the Lake to see if the bird I had seen recently might just be a Bald Eagle. Fortunately he landed on the end of a bare limb but unfortunately it was across the road on private property so I had to settle for my pathetic Camera to capture enuff so I could identify him when I got it downloaded and enlarged. Please excuse the horrible photo but it's all I could come up with at the time and I'll try to get some better ones if possible later. Yes, I need to spring for a new digital camera :dont:

I don't mind admitting that this got my Patriotic Pulse Pounding :tup: :salut: :flag: :texas:
IMG_0061.JPG
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:53 am

That's cool OUP. I still get goose bumps when I spot one!

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Couldn't resist showing you all what spoils us in Maine..
Many of nights sitting here at night listening to the surf pound these rocks !
One day....One day....:)ImageImage
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Wow, the last picture is ready for the National Geographic.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Cowboys have been singing around the Campfires about this colorful Bush for years. I took some pics of the Purple Sage in the Front Beds to post on this thread and decided to browse it a little. WOW, brought back lots of good memories a la BondoBill as well as great pics from other members.

This is the older two Sage Bushes that I have and I've neglected their pruning. So after this Blooming Season, I'm gonna whack'em back and maybe put a stake behind'em to tie to and stop the leaning.
IMG_0013.JPG

This is one that I rooted from a Trimming of the Above bushes. I may see if I can get a few more started from the next prune. :dont:
IMG_0012.JPG

Return to “General Discussion”