MAJKSZAK'S Conroe Area

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

MAJKSZAK'S Conroe Area

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Did my first shop at this awesome Meat Mkt today and I will go back :tup: They have "almost" everything a Man could want for Grilling, Smoking and Etc. I went there to try and find some Andouille Sausage and left with Andouille, Smoked Buffalo Sausage, Boudin and some Dry links. All I have tried so far was the dry links and the taste was awesome but it was very hard and folks with "plastics" best be careful. They also have a large assortment of accessories plus lots of wood and lump charcoal. Here are a few pics for you viewing pleasure.
Out the Door TT&L $30 :tup:
IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Re: MAJKSZAK'S Conroe Area

Postby bondobill » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Dangit I wished I had something like that in my next of the woods.
I'd be in hog heaven for sure !! :lol:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

yeah, Wild Bill, it is a cool find but I may have to find me a part time job now :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:35 pm

bondobill wrote:Dangit I wished I had something like that in my next of the woods.
I'd be in hog heaven for sure !! :lol:

Bill

What you said! An amazing place.
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

My kinda place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:58 pm

My friend sold his butcher shop 2 years ago, I don't go to the new guy there. He has the personality of a pea. I do miss the shop window though, you bought it all back to me with your pics. Thank you.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:17 pm

is it me or do the prices on the package deals seem a little on the HIGH side :shock:

Ric G.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Sir Ric, it's not you for they are a little pricey but I'm hoping that the Andouille and Smoked Buffalo link, at $7 each will be worth it, especially when I do the Gumbo in a few days. The Boudin was $6 therefore $3 a stick which sounded ok to me. It's one of those markets that "I" would go to for that special thing I can't find at HEB/Etc. :salut: Gonna fix me a Buffalo wrap for supper so I should know soon if it was worth it. :dont:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:14 pm

well, I'm not a huge fan of Garlic but whoever stuffed that Buffalo Sausage was - - - so my oldest son, who craves Garlic will have some sammich fixins the next time I see him :dont:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 pm

have you tried Tallents in Riverside? When we lived in Hville we used to go there at times, they had some good groceries, meat and sausage.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:26 am

Yo, S.T., good to see you back around and posting - - - - thanks for the headsup and I will certainly give Tallents a look see - - - - hope things are well in your world :tup: :salut:
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Tallent's German Sausage is really good. They're just a few minutes down the road from the house. They've got tons of different sausages.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks Swamp Donk - - - I"ll sure be making me a mini-trip to check them out - - - any good places to eat in Trinity??? OH, one more thing "how's that red headed Princess doing?"
erichasaces
Wrangler

Postby erichasaces » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:04 pm

I go here to pick up plate ribs when I'm in the mood. Last time I was there I was also able to pick up some good bones for beef stock. Pretty neat little place.

Return to “General Discussion”