Enough already !!!!!

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Enough already !!!!!

Postby bondobill » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Out my way since last Friday the weather been the $#!+$
Started out with freezing rain on Friday afternoon thru Saturday along with a wind out of the NE and running the house on a generator for 6 hours on Sat.

Sunday morning it turned to snow bout the time I threw the pig bones in the pellet pooper.... at least we kept power on Super Bowl Sunday while my oink bones where on

Got to work on Monday morn to find a cluster"$#@ :roll:

After another 6" of snow on Monday night woke up to a beauty of a morning on Tuesday.....TexTobys post of his back yard deck inspired me for this shot of my deck

Not as user friendly as Texs....somewhere under 2 ft of snow is my deck :lol:

This morn the weather turned ....got my Cheby 4x4 stuck in my drive way...took out the fence with the drivers side of the truck. My buddy came and hauled my truck out with his Ford. :roll:

Anyways.. I finally made it to work this morning...parked the Chev :whiteflag: I'm going to finish out this storm in my old Ford.

My old 93 Ford getting me home tonight :laughing7:

Out about a 150 yards is a semi jacknived on the highway across from my body shop this afternoon

I'm starting to feel sorry for my old COS :lol:

:cheers:
Bill
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Enough already !!!!!

Postby GRailsback » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Been pretty nice here Bill. Was 86 when I left the lake house at Canyon Lake to head back to Houston. been fairly mild here this year. Hopefully there are some warmer days ahead for you soon.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:56 am

Poor bill, sneaks nose in door.......been up to 30 deg Celsius here lately.........leaves quietly.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:37 am

OUCH, I spent 5 wonderful years at 10,000' in Colorado BUT I was a young man then and the boys and I just played in that stuff since it lasted 8 or 9 months every year. Too much mileage to do that now. :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:15 am

Yikes, Bondobill! Did you send the storm our way? 'Cause we awoke to high winds and thunder snow. :shock:
Moink!
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:16 am

Bill, just wanted to compliment you, you have a great-looking place even under 2 feet of snow. And as far as your fender bender with the Chevy and pulling out with The Ford, there's a great song out there Corb Lund ( of the not widely known but equally fantastic Hurtin' Albertans) from Alberta CA about a stuck Chevy and he stuck Fordthat you might get a kick out of. I like the version that he did with Ramblin Jack the best.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8m33FKRR3U
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:58 am

I think we are getting towards the end of this crappy weather. :D
This morn temp is 32. Winds died down. Freezing rain now. :lol:

A county snow plow just now came down our road , good time to head to work I quess.

Thanks Boots...the video brightened up my morn :cheers:

Thanks all
Bill
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:51 pm

I wanted to turn on the heater just looking at this thread :shock: Looks like a bit more snow than I've run across, even in Colorado! Gotta admit though, that makes for some beautiful pictures.
(Insert witty signature here)
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

My son made up the estimate today on the repairs to the side of my Cheby......$7300. :shock:

Aint written a estimate on my buddies "FORD" that pulled me out but...............he ended up taking out the same fence 3 or 4 times while pulling out my truck. :(

Only difference was the Ford never got stuck :cheers:

It's a really long fence :mrgreen: :laughing7:

Bill
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:05 am

Story made sense when I saw concrete block posts. Sheesh - lotta work in those. Post a photo of the Cheby, I wanna see what $7500 looks like.

Just slap on a bucket of Bondo and shoot the primer to it - it'll be a conversation piece downtown from then on. :shock:

But you will wanna keep an eye on yer State Farm Auto coverage guy - might wanna keep him away from sharp objects and tall bridges. He's gonna be cryin in his beer. You know how melancholy they get when they actually <gasp> have to pay out a claim.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:15 am

Boots wrote:Story made sense when I saw concrete block posts. Sheesh - lotta work in those. Post a photo of the Cheby, I wanna see what $7500 looks like.

Just slap on a bucket of Bondo and shoot the primer to it - it'll be a conversation piece downtown from then on. :shock:

But you will wanna keep an eye on yer State Farm Auto coverage guy - might wanna keep him away from sharp objects and tall bridges. He's gonna be cryin in his beer. You know how melancholy they get when they actually <gasp> have to pay out a claim.

I think that's a blanket estimate for Chevrolet.. Last year, almost 1 year to the day (tomorrow will be the official anniversary) our daughter wrecked the wife's 2010 impala and it looked bad but was only left rear strut and brake line along with the wheel.. The estimate? I'll place my hand on the good book; $7,438.62. Insurance called it a total loss (I told them, "ya think?!") Vehicle was only estimated by KBB at 4400, and she only paid around 5000.

I think it has to do with the bowtie. :laughing7:
(Insert witty signature here)
rus_bro USER_AVATAR
rus_bro
Rustler

Postby rus_bro » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am

Reading this thread made me have to go find my jacket that i havent had to wear in weeks. It was 90* 2 days ago in houston. When is this "Winter" you speak of supposed to show up?

rb
KCBS CBJ - Smoke On The Bayou BBQ Team, Houston TX - CAPTAIN
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Just hang around and pray you don't have to work that weekend. :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:18 am

I feel sorry for ya having to live in that kind of weather....
we are have the 70'x and 80 degree high temps really nice 8)
but we'll be crying about the 100 plus later in the year when you are enjoying those 80's...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “General Discussion”