SCORE !!

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: SCORE !!

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am

SlowNative wrote:Just found out that my 19 month old little boy is highly allergic to mosquitos, sucks... got a strong fan and a squirrel cage fan blower that pushes some mean air that helps pretty good while he/we play in the back yard. Just got a thermacell and tried it out this evening on the still air patio and was still approached and landed on by at least 6 Mosquitos.
Saw the propane fogger post with positive results. Anything else other than the DEET (which never fails) we use in the military? :laughing7: Which isn’t safe for children who may ingest it from skin to mouth contact. He loves to be outside and I want to encourage it as much as possible without having to suffer the consequences!

I don't know how well any of these work, but I've heard Avon's Skin So Soft, OR tying an unscented dryer sheet to your clothes somewhere helps drive skeeters off.

And around here, I'm known as 'bait.'
Last edited by Sailor Kenshin on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:09 am

Sailor mentioned the dryer sheets and let me just add one comment to that: I have never done this but I have friends that jog/walk (Yuck) and some of them have told me that they use dryer sheets by wiping them around their neck, ears and other exposed parts of the body. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
slownative USER_AVATAR
SlowNative
Wrangler

Postby SlowNative » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:50 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Sailor mentioned the dryer sheets and let me just add one comment to that: I have never done this but I have friends that jog/walk (Yuck) and some of them have told me that they use dryer sheets by wiping them around their neck, ears and other exposed parts of the body. :dont:

I have heard of the dryer sheet thing as well.. thought it was just a too good to be true type of thing. Guess I’ll be the guinea pig
:texas: Slow Native :texas:
:x OLD SMOKEY GANG :x
Old Smokey 14 : Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 Electric Smoker : MembersMark barrel

Return to “General Discussion”