Mexican Black Beans

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Mexican Black Beans

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Hello guys! I hope you're enjoying this wonderful Sunday :D Today I waked up and while I was looking in my kitchen belief I thought "Why don't I smoke this fantastic Mexican black beans??"...."let's do it!"
First of all the ingredients: black beans, a chopped white onion, chopped bacon, garlic, extravergin olive oil, beer, tomato sauce, bbq sauce, hot sauce and...love :rose:
20170312_110749.jpg

After heated the wok in the kettle put in the onion and bacon
20170312_111147.jpg

brown for a few minutes and add the beans and beer
20170312_111729.jpg

just before the beer starts to boil and to evaporate off add 1/2 glass of tomato sauce, 1/2 glass of bbq sauce and a spoon of hot sauce
20170312_111917.jpg

after one hour of smoking using the wood do you prefer, take a look and add salt and pepper
20170312_115324.jpg

after the second hour the result looks nice...
20170312_134002.jpg

To the end: my mum had just roasted a pheasant I hunted last season...."it should be the perfect combo..." I thought :chef:
20170312_134216.jpg

everybody enjoy their dinner :cheers:
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Mexican Black Beans

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:11 pm

I think that "Perfect" just about says it all, Tass, my youngest step-son is a vegetarian and he eats lots of black beans - - - I even made him a black bean pattie one time when we had them all over for Burgers. I've never tasted Pheasant, what can you compare it to ?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:06 pm

looks great
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I think that "Perfect" just about says it all, Tass, my youngest step-son is a vegetarian and he eats lots of black beans - - - I even made him a black bean pattie one time when we had them all over for Burgers. I've never tasted Pheasant, what can you compare it to ?:

Pheasant is similar to chicken meat but it's a wild bird so meat could become hard and stringy so is important cook it very slowly and wetting it often
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:10 pm

thanks, I doubt that I'll ever have any but nice to know :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm gunna have to look into these black beans, I like lentils so will investigate.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:56 am

Kiwiruss wrote:I'm gunna have to look into these black beans, I like lentils so will investigate.

Russ

Here in Italy we eat lentils in the "big dinner" for the new year because the legend says that eating its will have much money in the new year....I like lentils but not as beans...Here is difficult to find this black beans and every time I have to look in different market :dont:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Tasso I make a chana Dahl when I'm making an Indian . It's a beautiful lentil dish I love. Lentils are so underrated. Definitely doing black beans one weekend, I'll just have to see what the shop I buy from has.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:

Return to “General Discussion”