What have I done !?!?!? Lol

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: What have I done !?!?!? Lol

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Oh No the "B" word :laughing7: :D :lol:

I couldn't resist ^^^^^^^^

Lol, ur a good egg Russ :mrgreen:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: What have I done !?!?!? Lol

Postby Boots » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:41 pm

"B" word ? Somebody mention BEANS?!!? Cause if you got 110 comin over, you better have some starchy filler and push it hard, else yer gonna have to take out a mortgage to buy meat. I'm guessing about 50 pounds, and load up with ear corn too, easy and fast to cook if you got a big pot. That plus 10 cases of cheap beer, and yer all set, even if the only protein you serve each one is a Vienna sausage on a stick. Notwithstanding the adverse resulting environmental effects (more methane than a dairy farm), you'll be money good in the end, and Junior's college fund will thank you fer it.

One last piece of advice, straight from my sainted grandfather, a Permian Basin oil pioneer, who earnestly pulled me aside at my wedding reception with a final sobering revelation about married life:

"Squash is what you serve yer relations when you want them to leave".
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Lol, no offence taken from anyone, I know it's gunna be an awesome day for big britches,lmao. :D

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: What have I done !?!?!? Lol

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 am

Boots wrote:"B" word ? Somebody mention BEANS?!!? Cause if you got 110 comin over, you better have some starchy filler and push it hard, else yer gonna have to take out a mortgage to buy meat. I'm guessing about 50 pounds, and load up with ear corn too, easy and fast to cook if you got a big pot. That plus 10 cases of cheap beer, and yer all set, even if the only protein you serve each one is a Vienna sausage on a stick. Notwithstanding the adverse resulting environmental effects (more methane than a dairy farm), you'll be money good in the end, and Junior's college fund will thank you fer it.

One last piece of advice, straight from my sainted grandfather, a Permian Basin oil pioneer, who earnestly pulled me aside at my wedding reception with a final sobering revelation about married life:

"Squash is what you serve yer relations when you want them to leave".

Lol, NO squash will be served here, just hearing the name makes me wanna vommit. Starch will be a plenty for sure, lots of potatoes and we're gonna take some of that smoked bird, pull it like pork, and mix it with some Rigatoni and Alfredo sauce. That goes pretty far and is really good as well. We'll have burgers and dogs as well.
I know it sounds like alot for us to do, but without a doubt we will have help. Makes for a good party when family and friends show up with ( surprise ) dishes. Like Gump says, ...Ya never know what cher gunna git...

We do however have a friend of Debs that makes these KILLER Smoked Beans.
They have bacon and some type of onion in them, they will be wiped out for sure !! I just hope everyone is gone by the time they kick in so they don't ( wipe us out ) !! Lol

Appreciate the suggestions guys, it all helps :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 am

Oh yeah Boots,

As for the beer.., that's been covered already, along with some Apple Pie Shine so I'm told ( and I have no doubt it is )..
I have 19 nieces and nephews, all but 1 of which are bar ready and can hold thier own lol..
So the brew department is spoken for :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In 2001 we were renting this 1800's farm house in Bangor PA.
My brother had ( connections ) with a fisherman from South Jersey. We had a big party on 3 acres, and about 80 people. He gave my brother over 100 lobster tails and matching claws for FREE.

WE ATE LIKE KINGS, and another bro brought 3 bushels of clams...

Oh yeah, good memories.

Lobster tails in foil with butter on the grill, and our landlord was the old school farmer that came with a 50 lb barrel of sweet corn !!

Oh yeah, those were good times
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:52 pm

I panic when we have to host more than ten people. Good weather and good luck, WV!
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”