What have I done !?!?!? Lol

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

What have I done !?!?!? Lol

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:25 am

Umm, anyone ever invite a bunch, I mean a bunch of family and friends to ur house for a party thinking maybe HALF would show ?
Oooooops, it may have backfired this time, but all is good...I hope lol.

Having a first birthday party for our little monster in just under a month. Doing it a month and a half late because his gramma was sick and wanted to give her time to heal instead of her not feeling well on his actual birthday. Thanking the big man all the time for helping her as he has :D :D :D

So we're writing the list two weeks ago, pretty much copied the list from a big shindig we had 2 years ago, and added some to it.
Well, last night Deb proceeds to tell me that she has 30 that replied yes already ! We just sent them out last Monday. I was like, ok Kool, hopefully all 70 will make it..
She says WHAT ??...WE INVITED 110 !!!

Slight overlook on my part, lol ! All should be well as long as it doesn't pour like a monsoon. We're good for about 70 family and friends comfortably in the basement and a few long catering tables, 40 upstairs is pushing it tho...

Pray for good weather for us guys, lol......

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Last edited by woodenvisions on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: What have I done !?!?!? Lol

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:09 am

Just remember that "ONLY" your closest friends will be OK with eating BD cake and Ice Cream while sitting on the edge of the bath tub or on the porcelain throne - - - average Bathroom seats about 5, if they like each other that is. :laughing7: :D :lol:

Good Luck with the Gathering and Give Mom and Lil Britches a big ol Texas Hug from us :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 am

Yup, for the first B-Day they all show up!

As the kid gets older and presents get more expensive attendance drops.

If you're cooking, chopped beef is a good option. Those sandwiches make the brisket go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 am

Good Luck WV :salut:
Been there done that :shock:

We got lucky tho...nice weather. Thank goodness for a large deck.

Bill
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Wow, most I've done comfortably is 45, I would be panicking if I was you,lol. That's gunna cost you a fortune. Do you have a budget at all wv?? Look forward to watching the prep and your cook.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: What have I done !?!?!? Lol

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:34 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Just remember that "ONLY" your closest friends will be OK with eating BD cake and Ice Cream while sitting on the edge of the bath tub or on the porcelain throne - - - average Bathroom seats about 5, if they like each other that is. :laughing7: :D :lol:

Good Luck with the Gathering and Give Mom and Lil Britches a big ol Texas Hug from us :tup: :salut:

Oh man, just that thought of someone eating ANYTHING while on the hopper skeeves me out, lol.

I think if it comes to that, I will yell RAT myself and watch everyone vacate the house in a hurry, lol...
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:39 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Yup, for the first B-Day they all show up!

As the kid gets older and presents get more expensive attendance drops.

If you're cooking, chopped beef is a good option. Those sandwiches make the brisket go a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner, ( normal ) families would practice that protocol, but I have four sisters that fight over him and promise they will spoil him till the cows come home, lol.

I told them, we will NOT put up with any drum sets lol.

In all seriousness, I couldn't ask for a better family, even tho its HUGE they all get along which isn't very common. My Dad used to put the hammer down if any of us deviated from HIS plan lol !

Brisket was a definite thought, depends on the final count before we get things on paper tho, but Thank You for suggesting that !
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:55 pm

bondobill wrote:Good Luck WV :salut:
Been there done that :shock:

We got lucky tho...nice weather. Thank goodness for a large deck.

Bill

Hey Bill, yeah we were thinking of the deck as well for extra space. We actually took our back deck OFF of the house before our last party ...

Let's just say that the builder better not let me run into him.
House is 10 years old and 2 years ago in a heavy rain, we were leaving for work and we go out thru our basement.
I heard the ever so scary sound of water dripping on a Berber carpet !
I look at the window and it's like a garden hose coming thru the sheetrock !
Well, Debs father is a retired roofer of 40 years and as soon as he saw what I sent a picture of to him he told me he pretty much guaranteed that the builder never put flashing between the second story deck and the house under the sliding door to the deck !!

Sure enough, after we braced the entire deck, we raised the platform, stuck rolling pipe between the deck floor and footings and rolled the deck from the house about 2 feet.
Took the siding off and there it was ....Or wasn't.. NO flashing..

So after 4 new sheets of plywood, flashing, tar paper and house wrap we attached it back and added 6 more lags to the header board because we knew we would have probably 20 plus people on it a week later.
Well, it was 40 degrees and flurries so everyone was inside for that party.
I'm hoping this party we can use the deck.
Last edited by woodenvisions on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:00 pm

had a similar problem last year that lead to a throwing away of the deck but mine resulted in creating a termite city which I have since dealt with and now I have green grass and no termites. :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Kiwiruss wrote:Wow, most I've done comfortably is 45, I would be panicking if I was you,lol. That's gunna cost you a fortune. Do you have a budget at all wv?? Look forward to watching the prep and your cook.

Russ

Hey there Russ,

I'm getting a little stressed for sure and not much stresses me.
Oh yeah, we definitely have a budget, but we have 2 things that will save us from serving pb&j...Lol.

We've been putting aside our home business sales for a bit just for this party, and like clockwork we are getting the ( what can we bring ) from the fam which is always a nice gesture. Everyone usually brings a dish so we will have leftovers for sure.
I know as of now we are gonna utilize all of our cooking contraptions on our end.
Going to do 4 beer but birds on the Akorn over lump and Apple.
We're thinking chicken thighs and in the Big Easy, sausage and peppers in the Can Cooker and Pepper Steak on the Black Stone.
We already have someone bringing Sweetish Meatballs, Venison Stew,possibly Steamers ( clams ) and maybe Crawfish if my nephew's come up from Virginia Beach. They brought 100 lbs up last party....
Lol, go big or go home they said to me when I opened the cooler and just shook my head...

Gonna be a great day regardless of mother nature. Good fam and friends, a smile on my little guys face and good food , can't get better.

I'll def get pics of the craziness
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Man you really are picking up the bit and going with it, when my wife organised my 60th she got friends n family to bring all the sides. Sounds like you doing the same. Like I said I'm looking forward to pics and a very happy smile from lil britches, lol, emms influence on me,lol.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:10 pm

When all else fails - - - think Rippers or Coneys - - - after all who knows better than da'W V :?:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Kiwiruss wrote:Man you really are picking up the bit and going with it, when my wife organised my 60th she got friends n family to bring all the sides. Sounds like you doing the same. Like I said I'm looking forward to pics and a very happy smile from lil britches, lol, emms influence on me,lol.

Russ

Will do, and he's actually big britches now lol.
He's gonna be like his pops, 6'4" 275 I think :oops: :oops: :oops:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:22 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:When all else fails - - - think Rippers or Coneys - - - after all who knows better than da'W V :?:

It's funny u say that, we pulled out that ( Sterno ) cook top I showed u guys a few weeks back.
What's nice about that is I can put 150 hotdog's ( Sabrett ) of course in my beer/water/hot sauce in the pans and have them ready to eat in 15 minutes. Onions, kraut,cheese and rinse tub in other 4 pans
Just need to isolate that spot from any spectators that want to get too close to the BOILING WATER !! ( Calm down Russ ) don't get too excited LMAO :P :P :P :P
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Oh No the "B" word :laughing7: :D :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”