Oi, woodenvisions........

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Oi, woodenvisions........

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 pm

I might have missed pics from your wee fellas birthday and your cook for friends. As you were if I missed them , but if you havnt posted , would love to see what you cooked.
:chef: :chef:

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Oi, woodenvisions........

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 pm

I chatted with him about that and he told me that they had two days of Monsoon Rain but still managed to show Lil Britches a great time and also the Family and Friends - - - - no pics were taken of the food or festivities. I'll let Pocono fill you in on the details if he chooses.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri May 12, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm sorry guys, things got crazy real fast. Rained all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Had about 58 show up but had plenty of room down stairs thanks to a finished above ground basement.
Everyone looked to have a great time, more food than we could eat, but I bought take home containers from Restaurant Depot so everyone left with some great food. Supposed to start eating at 11 am, but with all the set backs we started at 2 pm, grrr...
Had 16 half trays of food, Sausage Ziti, Peppers and Onions, Chicken/Broccoli/Alfredo, Cajun Chicken Alfredo, Paella Rice with Char Siu Pork, Swedish Meatballs,1/2 pound Angus Burgers and Sabrett's off the Akorn, 4 whole Mesquite smoked beer butt yard birds,a whole tray of Potatoes/Peppers/Onions/Boneless Pork Loin from the can cooker.
3 different types of salad and dips.
Was so busy making sure the grub was hot and everyone was eating I never got off a single shot of the prep or after cook..
Deb got a few shots just before we got the trays on the Sternos and a few of his cake which I can only describe as a ( Work Of Art )
This Baker we chose knocked it out of our time zone !!
All edible, and enough for 60 people just the lower level. The top piece is in our freezer. Chocolate/Vanilla cake with fresh Strawberries and Bananas with Custard.
All in all, Evan smiled alot and everyone else did, and all ate well. Great memories for sure, we are truly blessed.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by woodenvisions on Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:50 pm

That's quite the party. Nice job! Bet you guys were flat worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Oi, woodenvisions........

Postby woodenvisions » Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 pm

bsooner75 wrote:That's quite the party. Nice job! Bet you guys were flat worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks sooner,

Yeah, we we're both shot Monday morning ! Felt like a classroom of 7th graders beat me with a Louisville Slugger lol. Just recooperating now .
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 12, 2017 10:59 pm

That lil britches pic bought a big smile to my face, gotta love kids parties, looks like you went overtime. Great cooks and obviously well organised. Give yourself a pat on the back. As for the cake.....a whole new level. Cakes and cars, doesn't get better. My son makes his kids cakes, he's good at art, I'm showing him this.
After all that a late reply is better than nothing.
You're a lucky man, but I think you know that. :D :D

Russ
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 am

There is an incredible amount of detail in that cake. Looks like everyone ate well. I even see a few cold ones laying around.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 13, 2017 7:29 am

Awesome, so we did manage some pics, eh ? Thanks for sharing - - - love me a room full of smiles and good food. :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 13, 2017 8:40 am

Hey Y'all, I just noticed that ?someone? (nameless) put this in the Request A Recipe Thread so I moved it to General Discussion Thread. Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget to remember those "Special Ladies Tomorrow" :tup: :rose:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 am

That looks like one big good time! (I love finished basements, lol). Glad it went well. :D
Moink!
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat May 13, 2017 6:22 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Y'all, I just noticed that ?someone? (nameless) put this in the Request A Recipe Thread so I moved it to General Discussion Thread. Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget to remember those "Special Ladies Tomorrow" :tup: :rose:

Lol, I thought about what thread to use , then looked at the cake, and thought, someone's gunna ask for that recipe,lol.

Btw just cooked the wife Mother's Day brekky. Enjoy your day guys.

Russ

Return to “General Discussion”