Kitty Hawk NC

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Kitty Hawk NC

Postby woodenvisions » Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 am

Help guys, ...

Anyone been here before ? We're heading there Saturday til Tuesday for a Monday wedding.
Well......., Kinda sorta...
As of last month we were going to my nephew's wedding, but to make a long story short, we're going there, but won't be at the wedding ( let's just say my nephew, his future wife and especially her parents ) are on my you know what list.

Already rented a house with my sis and niece 2 months ago, so might as well spend the time on the beach with our little monster :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyone have suggestions on things to see in that area, or good places for some good seafood ?

I'm planning a surprise Mother's Day cook for my wife and sis, Seafood Paella is on the forecast !!

Thanks in advance for the 411
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Kitty Hawk NC

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 15, 2017 11:11 am

Eny Ya - well kinda 'cept for FF :laughing7:
Been there when I was a mere whipper snapper and remember nuttin, However, I have a best friend that is living in S.C. so I'll shoot him a quickie email and see what he has to offer. Might not meet your schedule but we'll try. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon May 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Much appreciated buddy :mrgreen:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Welps, it turns out that of all the Bike Road Trips he's made out there on the Right Coast, this was his reply. :dont:

Bumpher wrote:
Sorry, I got nothing.
Kitty Hawk, Outer Banks, Lighthouses always been on my bucket list.
I just have never made it over there.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 16, 2017 11:45 am

I appreciate the effort Emm..
I think we're gonna just wing it and see what happens.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue May 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Once Y'all get rested and hit that Beach then your natural instincts will automatically kick in and the rest is just side trips and petrol :tup: OH, and plenty of Pics. :D
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Kitty Hawk NC

Postby woodenvisions » Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Once Y'all get rested and hit that Beach then your natural instincts will automatically kick in and the rest is just side trips and petrol :tup: OH, and plenty of Pics. :D

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to get the Akorn in the trunk of the graphite missile ( that's what I call my daily driver )along with Deb, Evan , my sister and my niece and the luggage....
Not having much luck tho, grrr...

Maybe I can strap one of them to the glass roof ? At least I can keep an eye on them while I'm driving, lololol..
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Nothing like a road trip. Enjoy it.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: RE: Re: Kitty Hawk NC

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 am

woodenvisions wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to get the Akorn in the trunk of the graphite missile ( that's what I call my daily driver )along with Deb, Evan , my sister and my niece and the luggage....
Not having much luck tho, grrr...

Not too sure what your DD Missle looks like but would these be feasible for a quick turn out trip? I'm thinking that you could probably rent one - - the bumper hitch is probably "your" biggest challange.
pro_series_hitch_mounted_cargo_carriers.jpg
pro_series_hitch_mounted_cargo_carriers.jpg (41.75 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 pm

This is from Northern Tool ad that came in today's mail…if there's one in your area. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 am

Thanks for the info and suggestions guys. Only issue with this is that I don't have a receiver. If I did, this would be perfect to put my sister or niece on..

Lol, they are gonna just learn to pack light, or they will be driving down separately I guess.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 18, 2017 6:51 am

An old Road Hauler like yourself won't have any trouble delivering the goods there and back. :tup:

Let me also say "Have a Safe and Enjoyable Trip" - - - :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 24, 2017 8:02 pm

:dont: Weeeellllllllll :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Safe ....YES.

Enjoyable...NOT SO MUCH...

Grrrrr, it's now apparent the weather man HATES ME lol.

I can't even drive 9 hrs south for sunshine and warmth...
But I did manage to come back with a slight cold and a viral infection for our little guy...

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 24, 2017 8:13 pm

I'll take SAFE anytime :tup: hope you and little britches get over the Suthern Exposure soon :D

Return to “General Discussion”