Now playing / The Music Thread

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

finnsmoker USER_AVATAR
finnsmoker
Pilgrim

Now playing / The Music Thread

Postby finnsmoker » Sat May 20, 2017 12:55 am

Didn't find music related thread so here's a new one. What's your favorite music while bbq sessions with friends?

Here's one of my all time favorites, "Dirty Old One Man Band", Scott H. Biram from Austin, Texas. He had a mind blowing gig in Finland three years ago, something I will never forget.

Slower song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA2vaG9ZmZc

And some kick-ass rock'n'roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iN3pai9zYM
Last edited by finnsmoker on Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Re: Music thread

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sat May 20, 2017 5:00 am

Finn, that's a great argument... I think the right soundtrack of a bbq session is one of the main ingredient to enjoy it more deeply...
Usually I choose the music depending on what and how i'm going to smoke: waking up early in the morning to light the fire and enjoy the long low and slow smelling the sweet cherry wood smoke, getting beer with friends under the sunshine...the right song could be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmMFr8B92VY
instead, if I'm smoking something of very hot spicy, in the evening, only beer drinking with friends and girls...so...I wanna rock'n'roll all night :cheers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFMD7Usflbg
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
finnsmoker USER_AVATAR
finnsmoker
Pilgrim

Re: Music thread

Postby finnsmoker » Sat May 20, 2017 7:09 am

Tasso-Hunter wrote:the right song could be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmMFr8B92VY

Great song!

BTW, noticed that you're hunter and from Italy. Here's my dog, do you recognize the breed? ;)
Attachments
timi.jpg
Last edited by finnsmoker on Sat May 20, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Now playing / The Music Thread

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 am

Being an old retired Picker and Honky Tonk Musician, Music has been a huge part of my Life HOWEVER, my Radio in the Man Cave area is pretty much stuck on Texas Mix 105.3
http://www.texasmix1053.com/
If I may quote: "This Ain't No Top Forty Radio Station"
They play Pure Texas Country Music 24-7-365.
Everything from Hank Thompson to Delbert McClinton to Robert Earl King and I've never found the need to change channels during a BBQ Cook. :tup: :salut: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: :texas: (End of unsolicited Commercial) :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
tasso-hunter USER_AVATAR
Tasso-Hunter
Rustler

Postby Tasso-Hunter » Sat May 20, 2017 7:40 am

OH MY GOD!!! That's is a Italian Spinone!! I have one me too!!
My dog has the Epithelium Pedigree that usually they have the hair more short...I can't load a pic, I don't understand why the loading does not work..I'll load a pic of my dog as soon as possible....
What's your dog's genetic genealogy?
Sometimes a passion needs just a spark to light and become a big fire that will never die...
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:53 am

On Sunday afternoons during the late spring and early summer months we have a couple of local Texas / Red Dirt stations that have live events. A great mom & pop station 95.3 The Range has Shiner Sundays where they broadcast a different band each week doing a live show from Love and War in TX. The other is 95.9 The Ranch. The broadcast a live song swap from several artists.

If I'm playing DJ it's typically The Turnpike troubadours,Jason Boland, Chris Knight or Cody Jinks on shuffle.

When the wife and kids come out and hit the pool we switch it over to Roger Creager.

OUP mentioned Robert Earl Keen - you can never go wrong with his music. He's a living legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 am

bsooner75 wrote:On Sunday afternoons during the late spring and early summer months we have a couple of local Texas / Red Dirt stations that have live events. A great mom & pop station 95.3 The Range has Shiner Sundays where they broadcast a different band each week doing a live show from Love and War in TX. The other is 95.9 The Ranch. The broadcast a live song swap from several artists. If I'm playing DJ it's typically The Turnpike troubadours,Jason Boland, Chris Knight or Cody Jinks on shuffle. When the wife and kids come out and hit the pool we switch it over to Roger Creager.
OUP mentioned Robert Earl Keen - you can never go wrong with his music. He's a living legend.

I be likin the way you "listen", Soon Pall :tup: :salut: :cheers: :texas:
"You Keep a Swervin in My Lane Gal" :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Being raised on Sinatra, opera, classical, jazz, and 'Pacheco y su Charanga,' I love all sorts of music (except screechy metal and 99.99 % of rap). Apart from my childhood tastes I grew to enjoy bluegrass, country, folk music of many nations, including Japanese Enka, which most people like about as much as nails on chalkboard.

But when we Q, nothing's playing. If there are guests, we're too busy talking. If there aren't, music's too distracting and I need all the help I can get. :P
Moink!
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat May 20, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm the odd one out, ramones for me, at full noise,lol.
I wanna be sedated might sum me up,lol

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 20, 2017 5:46 pm

One of my Favs from down your way, Pard, was Leather Tuscadero on Happy Days 8) :laughing7: :dont:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat May 20, 2017 6:44 pm

First and foremost for me is this...

https://youtu.be/8UXircX3VdM

The ENTIRE ( The Wall ) album follows suit every time.
Doesn't get any better for me:):)

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Got some chicken quarters and venison sausage on the weber enjoying a glass of wine and some old George Straight and Waylon Jennings
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 pm

woodenvisions wrote:First and foremost for me is this...

https://youtu.be/8UXircX3VdM

The ENTIRE ( The Wall ) album follows suit every time.
Doesn't get any better for me:):)

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

The first time I heard this I was driving in the middle of the night through Iowa and picked up a AOR station out of Ames playing it, had no idea who it was but had to find out.
tarde venientibus ossa....
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat May 20, 2017 9:25 pm

TX1911 wrote:Got some chicken quarters and venison sausage on the weber enjoying a glass of wine and some old George Straight and Waylon Jennings

You mentioned George......I love George thoroughgood . And at full noise.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 pm

G. T. is "Bad to the Bone" :tup:

Return to “General Discussion”