Remembering Fallen HEROES !

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Remembering Fallen HEROES !

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Altho, the upcoming "Holiday" is about remembering THOSE who gave the SUPREME SACRFICE defending OUR COUNTRY, please don't forget to also remember those who served Proudly and made it home.

GOD BLESS ALL WHO SERVED and GOD BLESS AMERICA :salut: :flag:

Arlington.jpg
Arlington.jpg (157.77 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Re: Remembering Fallen HEROES !

Postby CaptJack » Fri May 26, 2017 3:43 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 26, 2017 5:32 pm

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Absolutely OUP. As well as the families that are either facing the loss of a loved one or trying to help a loved one come back to a civilian life. Thank you for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 26, 2017 6:23 pm

thanks for mentioning that last part, Soon - - - a big problem that often gets ignored :salut: :flag:
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat May 27, 2017 6:45 am

I remember walking through Arlington National Cemetary. Acres and Acres of headstones. Gives a person a new perception of Memorial Day.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat May 27, 2017 7:04 am

Thank you Emm for posting this. I was planning on acknowledging this as well Monday with a few pics. For those of you that have never been to Arlington National Cemetery, it will put a whole new perspective on life and death.
My Dad and Brother are both resting there, I give many thanks to not only them, but for the 20 plus heroes ( daily ) that are laid to rest there as well and all across this nation and abroad.
Yes, 20 burial's a day has been the norm for a while now,very sobering.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 27, 2017 7:09 am

Man, I can't imagine what this Holiday must do to your Mom and Y'alls Family, knowing of course that the loss has been with Y'all every day since. God Bless Y'all :salut: :flag:
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat May 27, 2017 12:02 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Altho, the upcoming "Holiday" is about remembering THOSE who gave the SUPREME SACRFICE defending OUR COUNTRY, please don't forget to also remember those who served Proudly and made it home.

GOD BLESS ALL WHO SERVED and GOD BLESS AMERICA :salut: :flag:

Arlington.jpg

"Amen" OUP :salut: :salut: :salut:

Bill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun May 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Indeed. :salut:
Moink!
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 pm

:salut:

To those who bore arms, and to those who bore (and bear) the burden of their loved ones under arms for this, our great Nation of Freedom.

And to those in my family and those important to us:

My Dad, Boots Sr,, the Original Boots, Joe C. Davis Jr., Mustang Driver and Cold Warrior, 2nd Lt United States Army Air Corps and US Air Force. A darn fine aviator and a darn fine leader of men.

Maj. William "Willie" Davis, US Army veteran of WWI and WWII;

Capt. Jack Golden, TAMU '42, Silver Star w clusters, Bronze Star, 1st Division (the Big Red One), Cannon Company, 16th Infantry, Sicily, Salerno, Anzio, Omaha Beach, the Bulge, the Huergten Forest, KIA April 1945;

Capt. Ray Golden, TAMU '49, US Army, Cold Warrior, Officer and Gentleman,

Jack Roper, US 7th and 3rd Armies, Sicilily, Italy, ETO; soldier, warrior, survivor, and friend to the family.

Elmo Walker, chopper pilot, Viet Nam, warrior and friend to the family.

Cliff Bland, TAMU '86, 1st Lt. USAF, Co-Pilot Spectre Gunship, KIA Desert Storm off Kuwait, Soldier Statesman Knightly Gentleman.

Capt. Derrick W. Day, TAMU '84, USAF (Ret.), Northrup Cold Warrior, soldier/statesman/gentleman, departed this earth, April 2011.

Paul Pylate, TAMU '84, gallant Christian gentleman, departed this earth 2015.

They are remembered and are NOT forgotten.

And remembering those who still stand:

Major Philip Restivo, TAMU '84, US Marine Corps 3rd and 4th Marine Air Wings, numerous sandy and sunny vacation deployments.

Major Terence O'Rourke, TAMU '84, US Army Rangers, Mechanized Artillery, Germany, maintaining surveillance on the Fulda Gap and various suspicious breweries.

Col. Jeff Wilson, TAMU '84, USAF (Ret), prairie dog duty, USAF Missile Command, Minot ND, Vandergriff, and other equally lush vacation spots.

Lt. Col Bud Halstead TAMU '74, USAF (Ret)., USAF Cyber Command and bits and bytes duty, Washington State.

Freedom is not free.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 29, 2017 6:12 am

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon May 29, 2017 10:18 am

A day to honor all those relatives and friends gone but not forgotten. And a special salute to a dear friend Danny still in Laos someplace you will never be lost in my heart and mind.... :salut:
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “General Discussion”