Blackstone Customer Service ROCKS!!!

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Blackstone Customer Service ROCKS!!!

Postby txsmkmstr » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:10 am

Wasn't sure where to put this but I absolutely have to give a shout out to Blackstone and AnnaLisa in particular. My griddle top is severely warped to the point that grease puddles in the back and drains the wrong way in the front. I'm used to having stuff be defective and I'm used to having to deal with customer service - sometimes not a pleasant thing.

So, a little on-line chat with them guided me to send pictures and copies of the receipt. I did so via email and within 6 hours I had a response - yes, that's a defective top. A new top would be sent once they arrived from back-order status in a couple of weeks. Furthermore, I was instructed to keep using the old top until it arrives and simply dispose of the old one or do whatever.

But wait... it gets better. Another 24 hours goes by and I get an email - new tops have arrived and here's your tracking number. So all is good in griddle land and you simply can't beat Blackstone for standing behind their products. :thap: :thap: :thap:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Re: Blackstone Customer Service ROCKS!!!

Postby TX1911 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:12 am

Love hearing stories like this. They seem to be so few and far between these days.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:26 am

nuttin better than a happy ending :cheers: :salut: :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:22 am

Warped ???

Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on mine. I'm shocked because I use mine like crazy and they seem to be built like an tank..

That's great, I've NEVER heard of any customer service from them that was sub par, that's a great thing.
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:31 pm

I love this .. as the blackstone will be my next investment - Thank you for sharing a positive story it was refreshing
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 pm

New top arrived yesterday. Finally had a chance to swap it out and do the first seasoning tonight. New top is flat and has the Blackstone logo stamped on the back wall. The other did not have the logo. :dont:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Check out these covers…

https://backyardlifegear.com/collections/all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Blackstone Customer Service ROCKS!!!

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:01 pm

txsmkmstr wrote:New top arrived yesterday. Finally had a chance to swap it out and do the first seasoning tonight. New top is flat and has the Blackstone logo stamped on the back wall. The other did not have the logo. :dont:

Hmm, that tells me there is a new updated top. I'm wondering if this is becoming a problem with the original design. Gonna keep a sharp eye on this. Thx for the info and awesome news on ur end!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:03 pm

cowboydon wrote:I love this .. as the blackstone will be my next investment - Thank you for sharing a positive story it was refreshing

Ur gonna absolutely Love It !

I would HIGHLY suggest the 4 burner 36" if u can budget it, it's a grilling machine like no other :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 am

bsooner75 wrote:Check out these covers…

:tdown: Too rich for my wallet.

Although it would look better than the plastic trash bag and nine binder clips currently being used. :laughing7:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 am

txsmkmstr wrote:[quote="bsooner75"]Check out these covers…

:tdown: Too rich for my wallet.

Although it would look better than the plastic trash bag and nine binder clips currently being used. :laughing7:[/quote]
It's definitely a nice top, but it wouldn't work for here with the weather. I'm sure it would still get surface rust, so I just keep the 28,000 lb top inside when not in use.
Has me thinking tho because I have access to top grade diamond plate, a 25 foot brake and a full fabrication department at work.....
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:17 am

woodenvisions wrote:Has me thinking tho because I have access to top grade diamond plate, a 25 foot brake and a full fabrication department at work.....

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy.... put me down for two. :thap:
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Sure good to hear good customer service reports thanks for posting.

I'll add one + for Amazon customer support. I had a product that didn't arrive and called CS and got the fastest, best service I've had in my life. Put me on hold, called the carrier, told me to cancel that order (it wasn't a Amazon sourced item) and order another with next day delivery, they waived the $20 delivery charge and the next day I had product. The whole telephone time from first dialing couldn't have been more than 15 min and that even including them calling me back.
tarde venientibus ossa....
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

I have a tarp on mine too. Hail finished off the cover. Plus I added the wrap around table attachment so it wouldn't fit with that on.

Return to “General Discussion”