Czeching in and SSSSSSSSSSS! It's that time of year

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Czeching in and SSSSSSSSSSS! It's that time of year

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:43 am

I got one: One time during the Houston Livestock Show, I was staying with my best friend who lived in Houston so I didn't have such a long drive every morning and night. Weellll his youngest son was like you (brrrrr LOL) and caught and kept "harmless snakes" (they don't exist in my world). That night after supper he got the snake out and came walking in the den. I stood up and in a very AUDIBLE voice I said "If you bring that snake close to me, you both DIE" - - - - THEY ALL laughed and he put the snake back in his cage. When I went to bed each night I took a large towel and wedged it under the door so that I would not be cardio-vascularly (?word?) awaken in the middle of the night. YES, it's possible to sleep with one eye open ! :shock:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:35 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I got one: One time during the Houston Livestock Show, I was staying with my best friend who lived in Houston so I didn't have such a long drive every morning and night. Weellll his youngest son was like you (brrrrr LOL) and caught and kept "harmless snakes" (they don't exist in my world). That night after supper he got the snake out and came walking in the den. I stood up and in a very AUDIBLE voice I said "If you bring that snake close to me, you both DIE" - - - - THEY ALL laughed and he put the snake back in his cage. When I went to bed each night I took a large towel and wedged it under the door so that I would not be cardio-vascularly (?word?) awaken in the middle of the night. YES, it's possible to sleep with one eye open ! :shock:

Gotcha. No snakes! Even if they taste like chicken! :P

(I switched to kitties later on anyway. But way back, I was an avid Junior Naturalist.)
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 am

Fried Rattler is "Larapin" and I love it but only when it's on my Plate :chef:

More Hi-Jack, if I may :dont:

I was guilty of going to Sweetwater ONE YEAR and I got my fill.
http://www.rattlesnakeroundup.net/roundup.html

The late great comedian, Jerry Clower, used to tell a story about going and meeting a lady from the SPCA. When he asked her why she was there she replied "to make sure they kill the Rattle Snakes RIGHT!" Jerry replied "Lady, please tell me how could you possibly kill a Rattle Snake WRONG?" :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:Dessert! :tup:

I guess now's not the time to mention I used to keep snakes as pets.

I have high lighted what "I" consider the most important words of that st-st-st-st-statement. :whiteflag:

Relax. They weren't venomous.

Big, though. Garter snakes, which were in plenty when we first moved here. I would study them awhile, then set them free.

Back in college, for a class in Circus, I got assigned the sideshow. Someone gave me a six foot blacksnake. After the show, and before I could give him back, he got loose in my apartment and hid in a closet full of wooden gears. The guy who witnessed this and was supposed to 'help' (NOT, I repeat, NOT PB) stood on a chair squealing like a little girl while I caught the snake by the tail and stuffed him back in his cage.

You had a college class in CIRCUS?? I have to ask the obvious question, was this a CLOWN COLLEGE? LOLOLOL?
Attachments
IMG_0672.GIF
IMG_0672.GIF (8.72 MiB) Viewed 1142 times
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 am

:laughing7:

Boots, by that time, I began to ask myself the same question.

Transferred back home at the end of the semester. Good thing, too...that's where I met Professor Bunky.
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”