K.I.S.S. Posting instructions

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

K.I.S.S. Posting instructions

Postby outlaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:41 am

Ok, for those of you that have managed to slog your way through my very inept postings up to this point, would anyone care to give me some KISS (keep it simple for stupid) instructions on how y'all do the pictures and comments between the pictures so nice? Do you write the comment, then add the attachment back and forth, or post everything, preview and then move stuff around? I'm getting real tired of looking like the village idiot here. Plus, it will make posts much better to follow. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I could wait for my 5 yo granddaughter to teach me the next time she's over. :oops: :oops:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: K.I.S.S. Posting instructions

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:25 am

I think you're doing just fine BUT AS FAR AS the placing of the text among the pics - - I usually type my text, then Dl my pics and THEN I go back and place my cursor where I want a particular pic and then click "Place Inline" to place that pic right there. All you have to be careful of is making sure the cursor bar is last placed where you want the next pic :dont: Is that confusing enuff ? I'm usually not too got at giving directions other than Yes, No and Goodbye :banghead: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:27 am

I'll give it a shot but I can complicate a horseshoe. I use a photo hosting site (ImageShack) that I upload photos and get the direct links. Next I compose the post but will use NotePad so I don't take a chance on losing things while I'm trying to come up with the right words. You can do this directly in the Post A Reply box but I've lost some stuff (hitting "back" by mistake) and learned a lesson. So the rest is pretty easy - a sample might be this....

Blah blah blah look what I did.

picture 1 link dot whatever

More blah blah blah

picture 2 link dot whatever

Final Blah blah

picture 3 link dot whatever

From NotePad I'll copy and paste the above text and link into a Post Reply box - be sure to uncheck WordWrap in the settings - or - if you composed your message in the Reply box already then simply HIGHLIGHT the picture line line and click on the IMG button at the top of the Reply box. This will put the correct tags around the link so the picture shows up. Repeat with all other picture links. Click preview to check your work. Just remember to put a carriage return (I'm dating myself) so each picture link is in it's own separate line.

Hope this helps and remember - this isn't the only way nor the simplest nor the best - just my way.... :texas:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 am

Outlaw, are you using the Forums "attachment" button to DL your pics :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Outlaw, are you using the Forums "attachment" button to DL your pics :?:

Yes, posting pics to various forums used to be so easy from photobucket but it doesn't work properly anymore.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 am

Thanks everyone. When I have something else to post I will try all the suggestions.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 am

txsmkmstr wrote:I'll give it a shot but I can complicate a horseshoe. I use a photo hosting site (ImageShack) that I upload photos and get the direct links. Next I compose the post but will use NotePad so I don't take a chance on losing things while I'm trying to come up with the right words. You can do this directly in the Post A Reply box but I've lost some stuff (hitting "back" by mistake) and learned a lesson. So the rest is pretty easy - a sample might be this....

Blah blah blah look what I did.

picture 1 link dot whatever

More blah blah blah

picture 2 link dot whatever

Final Blah blah

picture 3 link dot whatever

From NotePad I'll copy and paste the above text and link into a Post Reply box - be sure to uncheck WordWrap in the settings - or - if you composed your message in the Reply box already then simply HIGHLIGHT the picture line line and click on the IMG button at the top of the Reply box. This will put the correct tags around the link so the picture shows up. Repeat with all other picture links. Click preview to check your work. Just remember to put a carriage return (I'm dating myself) so each picture link is in it's own separate line.

Hope this helps and remember - this isn't the only way nor the simplest nor the best - just my way.... :texas:

I'm afraid most of this went right over my head, seems to be alot like what I did with photobucket for my car stuff. Thanks for all your effort to help me out. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:05 am

outlaw wrote:Ok, for those of you that have managed to slog your way through my very inept postings up to this point, would anyone care to give me some KISS (keep it simple for stupid) instructions on how y'all do the pictures and comments between the pictures so nice? Do you write the comment, then add the attachment back and forth, or post everything, preview and then move stuff around? I'm getting real tired of looking like the village idiot here. Plus, it will make posts much better to follow. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I could wait for my 5 yo granddaughter to teach me the next time she's over. :oops: :oops:

I don't do attachments. I write simple code and have keyboard macros for both images and links. We have photo hosting of our own (so no Bukkit mess-ups). And I am FAR from computer wizardry. :laughing7:

I compose the post elsewhere and copy-paste-preview it here.

Hope this helps any!
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:
outlaw wrote:Ok, for those of you that have managed to slog your way through my very inept postings up to this point, would anyone care to give me some KISS (keep it simple for stupid) instructions on how y'all do the pictures and comments between the pictures so nice? Do you write the comment, then add the attachment back and forth, or post everything, preview and then move stuff around? I'm getting real tired of looking like the village idiot here. Plus, it will make posts much better to follow. Thanks in advance. I'm sure I could wait for my 5 yo granddaughter to teach me the next time she's over. :oops: :oops:

I don't do attachments. I write simple code and have keyboard macros for both images and links. We have photo hosting of our own (so no Bukkit mess-ups). And I am FAR from computer wizardry. :laughing7:

I compose the post elsewhere and copy-paste-preview it here.

Hope this helps any!
Great idea. I'll try that. Thanks
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 am

Bukkit? :laughing7: :tup:

Return to “General Discussion”