Texas Gunpowder Pepper Jelly Tweek

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Texas Gunpowder Pepper Jelly Tweek

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:06 am

Had me a cravin for some Cathead Buttermilk Beezkits this morning and before enjoying I decided to take some SuckleBusters Texas Gunpowder Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and add an equal amount of Sour Cream. Then I used that mix as a spread for my Catheads - - - Just one more way to enjoy a SuckleBusters product. OH, that stuff at the bottom of the plate is what happens to an Omelette when it only makes 140 degrees of a 180 degree "FLIP" - - - still tasted good but changed the name to Omewhat.

IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Texas Gunpowder Pepper Jelly Tweek

Postby outlaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:20 am

Nah, just call it a scramble and you don't have to explain anything. Those biscuits are to die for. My wife can make bread but for some reason the catheads have always eluded her. Those are amazing.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:55 am

thanks, they are soooo much better than what Oakie calls "thump can biscuits" :tup:

It's an old secret family recipe ;) :D
3 parts Pioneer/Bisquick/Jiffy Baking Flour
and 1 part Buttermilk or Sweet Milk. (careful not to add too much)
One of the keys is to only add enuff milk to contain it into a ball
(I never measure the milk, I add, stir, add stir, etc until I get it right)
then transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead just enuff to make it a solid ball - - - roll out to 1/2 thick, cut with a water glass and place 2" apart on an UNgreased pan then bake in the Oven at 425 for 12 minutes turning over half way thru - - - - DO NOT OVER KNEAD or you'll lose the "rise" - - - knead just enuff so it stays together and NO MORE :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:08 am

Gonna have to add these to my ( Must Try ) list along with those ABC/ABT/BVD'S/DVD'S MP3'S things that you make with the peppers and cream cheese...lol.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 am

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, they are soooo much better than what Oakie calls "thump can biscuits" :tup:

then transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead just enuff to make it a solid ball - - - roll out to 1/2 thick, cut with a water glass and place 2" apart on an UNgreased pan then bake in the Oven at 425 for 12 minutes turning over half way thru - - - - DO NOT OVER KNEAD or you'll lose the "rise" - - - knead just enuff so it stays together and NO MORE :salut:

So that's your secret. TURN them! :cheers:

I don't see anything wrong with those eggs either.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am

thanks, the eggs were full of bacon, sausage, cheese and salsa and they were good - - - - I have an Omelette Pan but I can never remember to use it until it's too late :dont:
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 pm

That's a nice looking breakfast OUP with great beezkits. I'm drooling again.
:D
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, they are soooo much better than what Oakie calls "thump can biscuits" :tup:

Thank oup, you were bang on with buttermilk chicken so I'm gunna try these, I really miss old fashioned scones my mum used to make, I don't know what recipe she used. I think this might be the answer to my long lost taste. Bonus is its simple. Is the flour plain self raising flour?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Russ wrote: Is the flour plain self raising flour? Russ

Actually, Pard, it is a dry mix that you add liquid to but it has all of the ingredients that self raising flour has - - - - so basically YUP :tup: You can use it for pancakes, waffles, catheads and ETC. :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:

Actually, Pard, it is a dry mix that you add liquid to but it has all of the ingredients that self raising flour has - - - - so basically YUP :tup: You can use it for pancakes, waffles, catheads and ETC. :salut:

Thanks, I'm gunna try this soon. Appreciate it man.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Pard, I never measure those two ingredients - - - - since it's just the Wiffy and I, I'll just pour some flour mix in a bowl that I think is enuff for us and then add the buttermilk slowly until it has enuff moisture to stick together - - - then I dump on a floured surface and blah blah blah (see recipe) - - - one of these days I'm gonna add an egg and some salt and see what happens :laughing7: :D :lol:
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:00 am

OldUsedParts wrote:

These mixes also have some fat in 'em.

OUP, I used to copy 'bizkitz' made by a local restrunt that came out of a muffin tin. I haven't made those in a while but I think there was egg in them. And maybe sour cream.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:45 am

thanks, Sailor, I am sure tempted to play around with that mix some time and see what happens - - - as long as it doesn't end in 911 then it's all good, eh ? just finished turning a cathead into cinnamon toast with butter, cinnamon and sugar- - - - I liked the Pepper Jelly Sour Cream much better :laughing7:
IMG_0034.JPG
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 am

Ooooo...but this one is DESSERT! :tup:

With coffee, please.
Moink!
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:29 am

No, I call them whoppem biscuits -- vile stuff. :shock:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life

Return to “General Discussion”