And then, IT happened...

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

And then, IT happened...

Postby Txdragon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:56 am

This was toward the end of July.. I was heading to see the wife for lunch and this lady in a Camaro comes barreling into my lane from the left. I was already near the curb/sidewalk and an SUV not too far behind me. Nowhere for me to go so I gave it what brakes I could to avoid a total sideswipe. Wasn't enough time to completely avoid collision and the SUV barely missed my rear end. Her insurance company finally settled with me and I am happy with the amount. Nobody was hurt, thank Heaven, and the fella in the SUV behind me provided his contact info as witness. Insurance settled "quickly"; about 2 weeks and a day.. I've never said this before, but I actually got tired of ordering parts. Lol! Have enough to fix this black eye, get every other maintenance item I've been slowly knocking out, a few upgrades, round 2 school clothes shopping for the kiddos, and a few date nights with the wife. Lol!

20170728_113512.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: And then, IT happened...

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am

A Good settlement is :tup: But No Fatal Injuries is :cheers: Good luck with the Fix :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Wouldn't that rip ya nightie. ?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 pm

My Jeep is smashed in on the same side. I've got the parts but have not put them on yet.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:33 am

Russ wrote:Wouldn't that rip ya nightie. ?

Russ

Not sure I understand this one. Lol!

JustinCouch wrote:My Jeep is smashed in on the same side. I've got the parts but have not put them on yet.

I know where your coming from with very little time. Lol!

OldUsedParts wrote:A Good settlement is :tup: But No Fatal Injuries is :cheers: Good luck with the Fix :salut:

I'm glad they were ok. She had her daughter with her and she was freaking out tremendously. I got her calmed down with my daughter's little lion stuffed animal I had in the back seat.
All parts are due here within 3 days of each other this coming week. It will take about a day to get it all on. I'll paint all the body pieces the evening I get them and install the next day. Challenge accepted. Lol!
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:26 am

good deal - - - - that little girl will remember You and the Lion long after she forgets the Wreck :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 am

Good deal TX. Sounds like your up for the challenge. :salut:
If the parts are After market parts I'd suggest you pre fit them before paint. It may save you from having to repaint after install. :shock:
Standard tools for fitting most Aftermarket body parts are a big hammer, cutting torch and a chain saw file. :laughing7:

:cheers:
Bill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 am

Glad no one was hurt and that things seem to be working out okay. Good job with the stuffed lion.
Moink!
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Good luck with the repair work, Tx. I'm glad everyone was OK and that you had a good witness.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Txdragon wrote:
Russ wrote:Wouldn't that rip ya nightie. ?

Russ

Not sure I understand this one. Lol!

JustinCouch wrote:My Jeep is smashed in on the same side. I've got the parts but have not put them on yet.

I know where your coming from with very little time. Lol!

OldUsedParts wrote:A Good settlement is :tup: But No Fatal Injuries is :cheers: Good luck with the Fix :salut:

I'm glad they were ok. She had her daughter with her and she was freaking out tremendously. I got her calmed down with my daughter's little lion stuffed animal I had in the back seat.
All parts are due here within 3 days of each other this coming week. It will take about a day to get it all on. I'll paint all the body pieces the evening I get them and install the next day. Challenge accepted. Lol!

Lol, wouldn't that rip ya nightie, an old saying here when you are really peed off, or something goes wrong, I don't know where it comes from???lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “General Discussion”