Keep an Eye out if you're along the Texas Coast

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Keep an Eye out if you're along the Texas Coast

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:04 am

We're just 30 minutes crow flight from you, Scott, and it's just a watch and wait for the next ?few hours? - - - Good suggestion by Sailor and, if I may add one more thing, it's very likely that y'all have trees where you are so, ?if you can?, put any vehicle that have to sit outside out of the danger of limbs and trees falling down. - - - - Good Luck to you :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:40 pm

My internet weather Radar link has Harv at a Cat 3 now and predicted landfall sometime before midnight tonight. Prayers for those down there in the path and surrounding areas.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
scott p USER_AVATAR
Scott P
Cowboy

Postby Scott P » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:19 pm

I brought the cushions and light weight stuff into the garage. The kettle and WSM will probably come in as well. I want to be able to stick them on the covered front porch if I have to cook in the rain. The six burner Weber summit weighs a couple hundred pounds. I think it will be fine out there. This storm just seems to keep getting stronger. Our drainage ditch/bayou at the end of our street (250" from the house maybe?) has never actually filled, but we have never gotten 30 inches of rain in a few days either.

It's going to be interesting for sure.
Buddha Belly BBQ Team

18" WSM
22" WSM
26" Kettle
Genesis II S-310
Large BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Wiffy said that some Weather Wonka said it had been upgraded to a Cat 4 HOWEVER I could not find anything to verify that. :dont: :scratch: :whiteflag:

I did hear them say earlier that they were expecting 25" to 35" "Locally" by next Wednesday - - - I'm sure all of that depends on whether it makes the loop and comes NE up the Coast :banghead:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:45 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Wiffy said that some Weather Wonka said it had been upgraded to a Cat 4 HOWEVER I could not find anything to verify that. :dont: :scratch: :whiteflag:

I did hear them say earlier that they were expecting 25" to 35" "Locally" by next Wednesday - - - I'm sure all of that depends on whether it makes the loop and comes NE up the Coast :banghead:

PB told me it was the Weather Channel that upgraded it to a 4. Landfall expected in a few hours. :(
Moink!
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Cat 4. 24-48" rain. It's a dangerous one. Heads down.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:08 pm

this waiting and watching (*^@(_^#__@%*@%(&$E)(&$^T :banghead: :whiteflag: :drunk:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:this waiting and watching (*^@(_^#__@%*@%(&$E)(&$^T :banghead: :whiteflag: :drunk:

Does it look as bad as I'm seeing here on news emm?

Hope it misses you guys.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Pardnah, I hate to even say this because I KNOW it's gonna change BUT we haven't had anything but a few showers and light winds SO FAR - - - - I'm hoping that Capt'n is right and all we'll get is the water - - - - we're high so no worries EXCEPT if we decide to go somewhere and the roads are flooded - - - - I guess time will tell - -- - no panic here unless we loose power :dont:
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:11 pm

We still have power in Richmond, but I don't expect it to make the night.

We hit our first inch of rain about 7:45. Storms are getting stronger and we've been under sporadic tornado warnings. Winds are, as of the moment, 20mph, gusting to 35.

We have been fortunate so far. Hope our luck holds out! Just gonna have to wait and see.

:happ:
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 pm

Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Good Luck to Y'all - - - - :tup: :salut:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Praying for you guys and all the folks along the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:55 pm

[quote="cowboydon"]... I figured the old truck was a goner, but she swung around and actually hit the port. When we finally got back to the truck the bed was full of sand and a medium sized palm tree, we got very lucky. /quote]

Did you take that palm tree home and plant it? :laughing7:
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:58 am

It's getting awfully sporty down this way, though, miraculously, we still have power. Not much sleep to be had. Tornado alarms started going off on our phones around 1:15 this morning.

When we get some light, I'll try to post some pictures of the lake that's developed around our home. We still have about 2 vertical feet before it's a concern. For it to get to us, the entire area around us would have to be under.

The wind has definitely shifted, and for us is much more a direct southerly wind, as opposed to the southeasterly that we had at least until I went to bed for the night. At some point over the night, my rain gauge topped out. Capacity is 6", and it's still pouring.

Anyone in south and southeast Texas, please be careful over the next few days!
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum

Return to “General Discussion”