Got gas?????

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Got gas?????

Postby outlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 am

After looking at a few warnings on FB I went and filled up this morning very early. As luck would have it a gas transport vehicle was there adding to the tanks. He said he was only able to give them 8000 gals and this was his last delivery. He said they will probably not have gas after noon today all the way through Labor Day weekend. I had gone to 2 other places and they had signs on their pumps saying they were out of gas due to Harvey. If QT is going to be out then things are dire for the immediate future if you need gas. Go fill up people, and restrict your driving to whats necessary till this stabilizes.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Got gas?????

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 am

We have been limiting our movement as much as we can stand but a trip to HEB is getting mandatory for possibly today. There is still some available here but some stations have all their pumps closed.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 am

OldUsedParts wrote:We have been limiting our movement as much as we can stand but a trip to HEB is getting mandatory for possibly today. There is still some available here but some stations have all their pumps closed.

I can understand y'all being affected, but I didn't think it would get this bad up here. Going to hurt a lot of peoples holiday plans for sure.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 am

I'm no expert by any means BUT I think a ?lot? of this is caused by "unnecessary Panic", such as your area getting limited - - - - that is probably the unseen enemy at the moment.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am

Drove from Little Elm to Carrollton this AM. Either the pumps were covered up or there were only a couple pumps open with a line at every station. Wife and I decided to carpool today and tomorrow then see what happens after the holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 am

we almost have a full tank but we sure do need to go to HEB - - - don't know whether to wait or toss a coin :dont: :?:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:51 am

If I may also mention that our limited fuel is not only effecting residents but the businesses like Waste Disposal are suffering - - - this entire neighborhood is waiting patiently to see if our Service runs at all this week. Monday was one of their regular pick up days and I certainly understand why we never saw them BUT today is the other (final) pick up day for this week and the Trash Containers out in front of the houses here are "more" than full. I do know that the ants are having a Banquet in mine and I'm sure others as well. :whiteflag:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:22 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:If I may also mention that our limited fuel is not only effecting residents but the businesses like Waste Disposal are suffering - - - this entire neighborhood is waiting patiently to see if our Service runs at all this week. Monday was one of their regular pick up days and I certainly understand why we never saw them BUT today is the other (final) pick up day for this week and the Trash Containers out in front of the houses here are "more" than full. I do know that the ants are having a Banquet in mine and I'm sure others as well. :whiteflag:

We've had a few snow warnings through our winter, it amazes me how people have to stock up on bread and milk, shops sell out in hours. We have enough in our freezers to last a month,lol. Same with a public holiday, unbelievable. Our vehicles are always full of gas as well. I guess we are too laid back. I feel for the guys your way that have no power, not much you can do about that.
Sounds like it's getting better, as long as the levees hold out.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:28 pm

I just topped off at the store on just down the road and all they had was Regular :laughing7: - - - must be my lucky day.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I just topped off at the store on just down the road and all they had was Regular :laughing7: - - - must be my lucky day.

What's your call on it emm, you are there so I'm only getting what I see on TV, fox and CNN are pretty good though.is it more clean up now and danger is over???

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Pard, I'm really not the one to ask because I can't watch that stuff right now. Sherry keeps me updated on more than I want to know but ALSO if there's anything I/We need to do. I keep check on my Friends and Family but that's about it. I do know that "WE" need a lot of water run off before people can even begin to rebuild or get back to work. I also worry about the hundreds of rescuers and emergency people out there risking their lives to help whoever they can get to. :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Going by TV coverage, Texans are doing good, helping each other. That's what it's all about. Keep safe guys.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Things got wonky here, quick. There's a service called Booster that fuels up our vehicles at work if we schedule. Thankfully, I scheduled by 6:30 am. Shortly after that, they stopped taking any requests. For a second there, I didn't think I was going to get any.

I had plans to go up to Newhope, Arkansas and see my folks, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea, now, or not.

Y'all think gas will be affected there?
Josh
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 pm

The only smart thing we did before Sandy was to gas up both cars, a gas can, and get extra propane. We gave some of the gas to a neighbor for her generator, and they let us run a line from there to our freezer.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 pm

hard to say, Josh, isn't that about 4 hrs? don't know what your MPG is but if you decide to chance it then I would top off where ever I could when I got close to the parents house - - - it should be OK ?but things are normal?

Return to “General Discussion”