Busy prepping for long road trip

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Busy prepping for long road trip

Postby egghead » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:18 am

Towards the end of October we're hitting the road for a long (long for us) road trip. It goes something like:

Corpus to Fulshear to visit son and DIL for a week just before and after back surgery - that's not far!!
Then on to Dallas to attend an award luncheon for a young lady being recognized by her peers
Casper, WY is next to visit sister #1 and her family - a few excursions will originate from Casper
Buffalo, WY, Devil's Tower, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Sturgis, etc. - Black Hills rock
Bozeman, MT to visit nephew - some Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Jackson Hole will be mixed in
Back to Casper
Relatively short drive to Denver to visit sister #3 and hang out there for a few days
St Louis is next to visit sister #2 and my mom of 91 years young

Playing it by ear from there but Branson, MO for a couple days and a stop in Hot Springs is on the list to go to Rectors and visit TXDragon

The being busy part is making stuff for all sisters, nieces, and nephews along the way.

Made a "Mommies Learning Tower" for the youngest on the trip and a further addition arriving soon so it will be useful for many years. It's a little tower that a wee one can pull up to the counter and help mommy make cookies, etc. The platform can be lowered as the child grows - they live in Bozeman, MT

Dog bed for son and DIL's two bed hogging dogs. Like the handle.

Also made a gaggle of chopping blocks from Maple, Cherry, Apitong, and Mahogany. Some will be given away on this trip and others on a trip to South Louisiana.

Have a few other things to make like keepsake boxes for younguns and phone nests. Making sawdust keeps me out of trouble.

A few picks:
Attachments
IMG_1166.JPG
IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: Busy prepping for long road trip

Postby outlaw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 am

Very nice, in all regards. Grand Tetons is one of my favorite places.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Busy prepping for long road trip

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:21 am

I second Outlaw - - - - they would be my main envy from your Trip - - - Y'all fixin to log in some mileage, Sir, just be careful and have a safe trip - - - - OH, one more thing, if I may?

"If it's true that an idle mind is the Devil's workshop, then there will never be any room for 'Ol Beelzebub around your Digs"
:laughing7: :D :lol:

SAFE AND HAPPY TRAVELING Y'ALL :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”