It's Been A While

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

It's Been A While

Postby Williep » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:15 am

Probably close to a month since my last post. I've been cooking but not taking any pic's, just haven't felt like it. I've been staying pretty busy beefing the place up and what I mean by that is, installing steel door's, keyless dead bolt's, installing security light's, building burglar bar's, get the picture. Close to a month ago, during the night, some a-hole's got into my shop and barn and stole all my chain saw's, nail gun's, power tool's, ect., around $3800 worth of stuff and that is about what my deductible is, so replacement is out of my pocket. In the 21 year's I've lived here I have never had any problem's, never locked the barn or shop but I do keep the gates chained and locked, you have to go out of your way to get in and that's what they did, they took part of the fence down in an area you would not think of. I could go on and on about this but I'll just stop here. I need to just sit down and catch up on what y'all have been cooking because I bet it has been good.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: It's Been A While

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:23 am

OUCH, Sir Willie, dat do suck but the times they are a changin and nothing is safe or sacred anymore - - - especially with those maggots running free on parole or non-conviction :banghead: If ya can't feel safe and peaceful at home then where do you go for that Joy ?

Hope I never catch one because "I shoot first and ask questions later" :angryfire: :rambo:

Wishing you the best in recovery and getting things secured - - - God Bless

your friend, Emm/OUP
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 am

Sorry to hear that WillieP. That really stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:45 am

OldUsedParts wrote:OUCH, Sir Willie, dat do suck but the times they are a changin and nothing is safe or sacred anymore - - - especially with those maggots running free on parole or non-conviction :banghead: If ya can't feel safe and peaceful at home then where do you go for that Joy ?

Hope I never catch one because "I shoot first and ask questions later" :angryfire: :rambo:

Wishing you the best in recovery and getting things secured - - - God Bless

your friend, Emm/OUP

I'm speechless, WillieP. I hope there's a chance of finding and prosecuting those who robbed you. And what OUP said. :texas:
Moink!
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 am

Sorry about that Sir. Times being what they are I never leave the house without a pistol, and like OUP said "I'm a shoot em all and let God sort em out" kind of guy. Hope they catch the bast***s.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:15 am

Sorry that happened, WillieP. Along with everyone else I hope they catch those low-lifes.
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 pm

That just sucks Willie. :angryfire:
Sounds like your taking the right steps in securing your shop.

I had a LEO tell me sometime back that one of the best home and property burglary detterents is a large intimidating dog.
I got Buck for just that reason. I swear he can hear a pin drop at a 100 yards. He sleeps in the house at night. Many times he'll start barking and growling during the night at something outside. I always let him out and grab my 357. So far it always been a false alarm, thank God.

I post no trespassing, beware of the dog signs on my property.
Got this on my shop door.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bill
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about this Williep,

Just have faith in that ( K ) word. I comfort myself thinking that one day it will all come back around !!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:45 pm

That's bad news, I hate maggots that think they can just take what they want. I'm with bill, you might consider a dog? I guess we all should just have a look around our properties and see how we can tighten things up.my home and garage has an alarm monitored. Now go cook summit and post a pic. :lol:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:24 am

For as long as I can remember, I had a dog. When my last one died about 7 year's ago, his name was "Chili", half chow/half lab and big, it really hurt and I never got another one. I may have to consider getting another one.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:08 am

Scientific fact: People with dogs live longer. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Dang. Just read this. That sucks, sir. I too live in an area that seems impervious to the crowds of people that want my belongings more than I do, but I realize that there are the VERY clever few that like to venture out to where nobody would ever think to look for loot. For that reason, I keep a Ruger within arm's reach. I've been teaching the wife the basics and she too has become pretty good with shooting lately. We've had no problems (knock on wood) but never hurts to be prepared.

It sucks you've gotta replace your stuff but those ARE replaceable. Thank the Lord the perpetrators only looted some tools and didn't decide to go all out smash and grab and hurt anyone in the process.
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “General Discussion”