T-t-t-t-texas Winter Weather

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: T-t-t-t-texas Winter Weather

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 am

Chasdev wrote:Okay, here goes..global warming ALSO causes unusual weather events in OTHER seasons as well, it's not just about how much hotter the planet is getting (and it is).
Floods where there have not been floods (I can testify on that one having lost my home in 2013 to a flash flood in Austin, after living in the same place for 40 years with no hint of high water), unusual cold snaps and extreme snowfall in areas that don't often see snow are also part of the deadly cycle along with extreme drought which then leads to forest fires.

There's Global Warming and then there's Global Warming ala Gore and other IDIOTS - - - I'm pretty sure that was where the BS was directed.

However, let's go easy on this Topic OK Y'all ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:12 am

Fine by me, I never paid any attention to the subject till I watched my three cars float away and stood in my living room in 5 feet of muddy water..
My heart goes out to the folks in Houston who are now where my family was four years ago, trying to figure out how to live a normal life while homeless.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 am

Hey WV - I’d light the fireplace, put a nip of bourbon in my coffee and Work From Home until spring! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: T-t-t-t-texas Winter Weather

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="Chasdev"]Okay, here goes..global warming ALSO causes unusual weather events in OTHER seasons as well, it's not just about how much hotter the planet is getting (and it is).
Floods where there have not been floods (I can testify on that one having lost my home in 2013 to a flash flood in Austin, after living in the same place for 40 years with no hint of high water), unusual cold snaps and extreme snowfall in areas that don't often see snow are also part of the deadly cycle along with extreme drought which then leads to forest fires.

There's Global Warming and then there's Global Warming ala Gore and other IDIOTS - - - I'm pretty sure that was where the BS was directed.

However, let's go easy on this Topic OK Y'all ?[/quote]Retracted Emm
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am

Wasn't necessary, Pal, just didn't want it to get out of hand -- - :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

woodenvisions wrote:I'll just shut up now, probably the safest bet

No prob, I probably over reacted because of the possible debate - - - :roll:
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]I'll just shut up now, probably the safest bet

No prob, I probably over reacted because of the possible debate - - - :roll:[/quote]No u didn't, ur 100% right.

Good call on ur part Emm
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm

On a brighter note 27 deg Celsius expected here today, and my fridge freezer has just gone to get fixed. I'm missing my ice maker already. Apparently the gas has leaked out and is away for 1 to 2 weeks,nuts. I'm not happy.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Russ wrote:On a brighter note 27 deg Celsius expected here today, and my fridge freezer has just gone to get fixed. I'm missing my ice maker already. Apparently the gas has leaked out and is away for 1 to 2 weeks,nuts. I'm not happy.

Russ

Forgive me, but "gone to get fixed?" It's a $85 service call to the house here and done in no time. Are y'all really that rural? Not saying it's a bad thing, just trying to wrap mt head around it being gone for that long??
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

It's a maytag, big and expensive, 5 years old so the agent is doing it on warranty???? I think???? They don't do it on site as they said it has to be tested to make sure it doesn't leak. They want it done in their workshop so I do as they say. Nitrogen I think.? Btw we aren't in the backwoods here,lol. Nz is known for our inventiveness,lol.
I'm using a chilly bin aka esky aka ? For my ice at the moment. We just roll with things down here. :D :lol:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Williep wrote:.

Not sure how to say this nicely but,

I'm tired of this
Pic2.jpg

I been skooping those field oysters every morning from Ol' Tunder and Don Key Hote fer my bride, lots easier when they are frozen like a hockey puck. Speaking of hockey, I can now rear back and then hit 'em with a seed fork and clear my back fence 50 feet away, double the distance from a month ago, I been practizing. Wonder if one of them Canadian hockey teams needs a shooter. I don't need skates, cowboy boots skid great along the ice, and I kinda like the idea of being a "goon", more manly than being a "wing". I'd be polite too, offer a hand to help 'em up off the ice. They'd only have to pay me in Moose Beer and a dental plan.

Why all this Canuck talk? Went out on my porch this morning, looked at the thermometer thing and it said back at me:

"EIGHT DEGREES". It then asked if it could come inside and warm up a bit. Might as well be livin in Canada now, eh hosers?

But hey, I'd rather be 8 Degrees in sunny Texas today with Shiner Bock Beer that at 25 in New Yak City with headache clouds and Brooklyn (East River brewer) beer where I was yesterday. Happiness is all relative.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

I just grab ice off of my trees outside :):)

Hope u get it back soon Russ, hopefully it doesn't get $$$$$$$$.

Try bribing them with some good grub :):)
We call that the ( Bartering ) system here...
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm

woodenvisions wrote:I just grab ice off of my trees outside :):)

My middle name is barter, done it all my life, made a good living from selling/ bartering. Lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Russ wrote:[quote="woodenvisions"]I just grab ice off of my trees outside :):)

My middle name is barter, done it all my life, made a good living from selling/ bartering. Lol.

Russ[/quote]Well get to it.... LOL

Return to “General Discussion”