How Cold Is It Contest....

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: How Cold Is It Contest....

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Mercury droppingImage
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 pm

It’s neck and neck between Canuck Smoker and Woody. I’m betting in the Land of Labatt’s unless we get somebody from Alaska, the Yukon, etc in the game. Might have to check with the Mad Finns, Sterno and Huppe...

And Bondo, you need to hang old tires around that thing like a tug boat, yer a two time offender. Yer fence builder must be a brother in law.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Wait a minute, Bondo’s right, had to find me a Celsius converter...looks like the Canadian Club is still a balmy 18 F. Still me chasin Woody.

Man, Woody, speaking of Pennyvania, coldest night of my life I spent in a hotel in Wilkes Barre back in ‘95, heater blasting full out and piled under every blanket and towel I could scrounge. Ended up having to pull the cover off the ironing board and wrap it around my head to keep my chattering teeth from waking the neighbors.

Next day we headed to lunch at some famous pizza place over in Scranton I think, a bona fide dive of a tavern. We walk in, I ask the little pimply faced waiter, “What kinda pizza you got?”

“White only” he sez, looking straight at me, kinda suspicious.

I look around, confused. Being a hick from the sticks, I’m wondering, “White only? This one of them Klooker joints??? I didn’t think they wandered up this far.”

So like a rube I say, slowly, so he can hear good, “Whaddya mean, white only?”

He gets a disgusted look. “White only, Chief.” And he points over to the bar at this hulking dude with a walrus mustache who’s inhaling a pizza and pumping down a Rolling Rock (I think - green bottle).

That pizza was white only, no red stuff on it at all. Looked kinda, well, alien.

At this point, I’m thinking, “you know, this is starting to feel like the sequel to Deliverance, I think I’ll not rock the canoe at this point.” So I order up one of them white pizzas and a Bud, figured that wouldn’t be controversial. Like Gomer said, Surprise Surprise Surprise, it were good. I have no idea what was on it and I wasn’t gonna ask, but it were good. Some kind of sausage I think. Wolfed a whole one down myself, after which the neighbors got me more friendly, though they kept eyeballin my boots. Guess they hadn’t seen manly Texas footwear before.

As I was leavin’, I look over and gave a short salute to the Walrus, which he returned over his green beer. He was now on pizza No. 2 with no signs of slowing down, looked like a car crusher at work.

Like a whole nuther country up there.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/tem ... nheit.html

I better go out and check the burro, he hasn’t moved in several hours. Beginning to think he’s now yard art.
Last edited by Boots on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 am

Papa Tom wrote:I didn't get a picture but it was sooooo cold here today I saw two trees fighting over a dog......... :shock:

:banana: :evilnana: :banana:
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:44 am

About 14°F here this AM, but on the plus side we got 6" of snow yesterday. Supposed to be warm here for the next few days, lows in the upper teens to twenties, highs near forty. :D
Should have done this a week or two ago, lows between -12° and -20° and highs in the single digits above zero if we were lucky. :laughing7:
canadian smoker USER_AVATAR
Canadian Smoker
Rustler

Postby Canadian Smoker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:35 am

Yes I guess Celsius makes it look worse than what it is.......really its only 17 degrees F..........I tried :D
Tools:
Horizon Marshal 20" RD Special Offset
22" Weber Master Touch (limited edition smoke color)
Large BGE
Napoleon Gasser

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:38 am

You know you're in trouble when they break out the Serious Equipment.
CajunRoadMaintain.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 am

OldUsedParts wrote:You know you're in trouble when they break out the Serious Equipment.
CajunRoadMaintain.jpg

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: How Cold Is It Contest....

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Boots wrote:Wait a minute, Bondo’s right, had to find me a Celsius converter...looks like the Canadian Club is still a balmy 18 F. Still me chasin Woody.

Man, Woody, speaking of Pennyvania, coldest night of my life I spent in a hotel in Wilkes Barre back in ‘95, heater blasting full out and piled under every blanket and towel I could scrounge. Ended up having to pull the cover off the ironing board and wrap it around my head to keep my chattering teeth from waking the neighbors.

Next day we headed to lunch at some famous pizza place over in Scranton I think, a bona fide dive of a tavern. We walk in, I ask the little pimply faced waiter, “What kinda pizza you got?”

“White only” he sez, looking straight at me, kinda suspicious.

I look around, confused. Being a hick from the sticks, I’m wondering, “White only? This one of them Klooker joints??? I didn’t think they wandered up this far.”

So like a rube I say, slowly, so he can hear good, “Whaddya mean, white only?”

He gets a disgusted look. “White only, Chief.” And he points over to the bar at this hulking dude with a walrus mustache who’s inhaling a pizza and pumping down a Rolling Rock (I think - green bottle).

That pizza was white only, no red stuff on it at all. Looked kinda, well, alien.

At this point, I’m thinking, “you know, this is starting to feel like the sequel to Deliverance, I think I’ll not rock the canoe at this point.” So I order up one of them white pizzas and a Bud, figured that wouldn’t be controversial. Like Gomer said, Surprise Surprise Surprise, it were good. I have no idea what was on it and I wasn’t gonna ask, but it were good. Some kind of sausage I think. Wolfed a whole one down myself, after which the neighbors got me more friendly, though they kept eyeballin my boots. Guess they hadn’t seen manly Texas footwear before.

As I was leavin’, I look over and gave a short salute to the Walrus, which he returned over his green beer. He was now on pizza No. 2 with no signs of slowing down, looked like a car crusher at work.

Like a whole nuther country up there.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/tem ... nheit.html

I better go out and check the burro, he hasn’t moved in several hours. Beginning to think he’s now yard art.
Lol, that's awesome !!

I'm not a big fan of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre but I am of the white pizzas.
Most are fresh mozzarella and fresh ricotta and garlic.

Ad mater's to it and oh man, they are GOOD..

Now u got me thinking if pizza, hmm :):)

Return to “General Discussion”