Monday's Lunch

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Re: Monday's Lunch

Postby Williep » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:PoconoPal, what you need to do is come down here during mudbug season and we'll hook up with WillieP - - - then I can show you how to consume Mudbugs and He can initiate you on the Oysters (gotta drink the juice that's left in the shell, eh Willie?)

x.png
x.png (5.62 KiB) Viewed 921 times

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Monday's Lunch

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:PoconoPal, what you need to do is come down here during mudbug season and we'll hook up with WillieP - - - then I can show you how to consume Mudbugs and He can initiate you on the Oysters (gotta drink the juice that's left in the shell, eh Willie?)
I'm not new to mudbugs, if ur talking Crawfish ?
My nephew's in Virginia have the peel, headpopin and brain juice sucking down to a science lol.
I watched them deshell and eat them my 10 to thier probably 30..

I love Crawfish with LOTS of Old Bay.
I'll still pass on the Oysters tho, have at it buddy :):)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm

OK, I hope you do know, that we'd fix you whatever you wanted, even Italian food - - - Scary ain't it :?: :laughing7: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Williep wrote:
Russ wrote:They look real good, have you tried them raw dipped in malt vinegar and lots pepper? Any way you have them is good with me.

Russ

Never tried them that way before, seems you would loose a lot of the flavor from the oyster that way. :dont:

Nope it enhances the flavour IMHO. We have 2 types here, the bluff oyster and the pacific, a pacific oyster is nil, but a bluff oyster is so beautiful. Big fat and juicy. Taste of its own. Also grilled with Worcester sauce cheese and bacon is also how I serve them up. Oysters Kilpatrick??

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Russ wrote:
Williep wrote:
Russ wrote:They look real good, have you tried them raw dipped in malt vinegar and lots pepper? Any way you have them is good with me.

Russ

Never tried them that way before, seems you would loose a lot of the flavor from the oyster that way. :dont:

Nope it enhances the flavour IMHO. We have 2 types here, the bluff oyster and the pacific, a pacific oyster is nil, but a bluff oyster is so beautiful. Big fat and juicy. Taste of its own. Also grilled with Worcester sauce cheese and bacon is also how I serve them up. Oysters Kilpatrick??

Russ

Bacon and cheese can make anything better!! I've had oysters kirkpatrick; sounds exactly the same. :scratch:
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “General Discussion”