That time of year

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

That time of year

Postby GRailsback » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Time for the Houston Rodeo Cookoff once again. Took the pit down to the cookoff grounds this morning. Had it all cleaned up and it rained all the way down there. But sometimes if you don't get there early you can't gte your stuff where you want it. For those that go good luck and have fun.

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: That time of year

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Looks like you found some spaces and Good Luck to you G-rail :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:11 pm

They map out the parking lot OUP. So you know where your 4 corners are and it is numbered. All that area will have a store front and a tent in front of it next week. I don't do any cooking down there anymore, I loan them my pit and drink a fair amount of beer.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:24 pm

OK gotcha - - - not a bad gig either :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:55 pm

That deal down there is a young mans game. That cooking day and night is for them young ones now. Had all of that I needed.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Never did comp cooking but I was involved with the Livestock Association and the Donkey and Mule Show. I never showed my A?? there but I was an officer for a couple years. However, this was a few years ago when it was in the Dome. :laughing7: :lol: :D
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 pm

There are a lot of teams, bigger teams that pre-cook a lot of meat for that deal down there. But there are still a lot of smaller teams that cook everything fresh everyday. But in order to do that you have to basically cook around the clock to have enough food to feed all the people coming in to your tent everyday.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:59 pm

Me and my Buds used to be the people going to the tents and man did we sample some good Q :cheers:
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Good luck at the cook off. :salut: :salut:

Return to “General Discussion”