Prayers Please

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Prayers Please

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:03 pm

thanks P.B., I just spoke with him and he was being discharged and fixin to head home - - - they want him on a walker for 8 days so their first stop will probably be CVS and then to his own bed at home - - - they have several therapy pups that will be so excited to see him so he'll be covered with love and sugar pretty soon :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Sorry I missed this so I will just pray for a complete speedy recovery and total healing.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 pm

We'll take it, B.C. - - thanks Friend :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Excellent news - see ya Monday.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Looking forward to it - - - :tup:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Any update emm?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Pard, I haven't talked to either of them today but here's the D.I.L.s last post on FB.

He’s better now we are home and he is resting
Thank you All for your prayers
Keep praying he stays in the bed and heals
He’s such a go getter hard working man !! I Praise God for him !!hes a blessing to me and our family

I'll probably call them later today or in the morning for an update and I'll be sure and post it up.

Thanks, as always, Y'all :tup: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Just finished talking with Bo and he is really upbeat. Bottom line was that he said until he gets the rehab and proper healing out of the way he won't really be able to tell if the surgery worked. Just as we were finishing our conversation his son came in and Bo said they were fixing to watch a Movie together. I really feel good about all of this also. :tup:
brad_adams USER_AVATAR
Brad_Adams
Pilgrim

Postby Brad_Adams » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 am

Prayers sent and hoping for a quick recovery.
If you want the finest quality writing/editing/proofreading services for your next project, I'd like to talk about it. Just visit essay-company.com and we talk about your paper
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks, Brad, and Welcome to the Forum :tup:

Update: he's doing pretty good but we still don't know how a long day on his feet is going to treat him now.
Thanks for everything, Y'all :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Good news emm, I was just thinking I must post and see how he is earlier, when I was laying in bed planning my day in my head before I get up. Then I open up and see you posted.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am

Count me in for prayers Parts. They can do amazing things these days for back issues. Tell him what I got told as a kid when I got my tonsils out: the hospital gives you all the free ice cream you can eat.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:02 am

thanks, Russ and Boots, :salut: funny you should mention tonsils because when he had his taken out, he was very young and it was a day surgery - - - I can still see him standing up in the Truck Seat eating that Double Dip Dairy Cone (yes, standing up and he survived his childhood) - - Of Course, we had to stop at the first Dairy Queen and hold true to our promise of Ice Cream and he was so sticky when we got home that I suggested stripping him down and turning the hose on him before taking him in the house - - I got OUT VOTED :dont:

OK ENUFF OF DA MEMORIES:
Spoke with him yesterday and he really sounded good and positive. He told me that he had a follow up with his Surgeon this evening at 2:30 and he's expecting a Good Report all the way around :tup: :cheers:

Thanks to Everyone for their thoughts, vibes and Prayers :salut: :bow: :texas:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Brilliant news emm, talking of ice cream, I'll post a pic up later of us with grandys at the beach.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

Return to “General Discussion”