What Home Looks Like...

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: What Home Looks Like...

Postby Rambo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Russ wrote:A picture tells a story is so true, years and years of work, great pics Rambo and wild bill. Rambo do you ride the horses? Quarter horses? I used to breed and race Standardbreds. Great spread for horses. Thanks for the pics.

Russ

Yes Sir, we ride. Those are the last 2 I have left. I used to Breed for years, i had aGrandson of Leo out of a daughter of War Leo who's darn was by a Son of Old Sorrel. Had many old King P 234 and other foundation Mares. Those days and bloodlines are gone. The 2 left are Two Eyed Jack and Easter King bred; the Sorrel will spin a hole in the ground and do anything a Man needs done horseback.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Rambo wrote:
Russ wrote:A picture tells a story is so true, years and years of work, great pics Rambo and wild bill. Rambo do you ride the horses? Quarter horses? I used to breed and race Standardbreds. Great spread for horses. Thanks for the pics.

Russ

Yes Sir, we ride. Those are the last 2 I have left. I used to Breed for years, i had aGrandson of Leo out of a daughter of War Leo who's darn was by a Son of Old Sorrel. Had many old King P 234 and other foundation Mares. Those days and bloodlines are gone. The 2 left are Two Eyed Jack and Easter King bred; the Sorrel will spin a hole in the ground and do anything a Man needs done horseback.

Your bloodlines aren't familiar with me but American and North American sires are big down here. Bettors delight is a leading sire down here. I know standardbred bloodlines and I line breed, which you will know. I've had good success with 3x3 referee cross matings . Sorry to bore anyone and off topic . :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Rambo’s lines (Leo etc) are deep in the QHorse foundation stocks, back to AQHA founding days. Your Standards are probably in between our QHorses and Thoroughbreds in terms of size and conformation. Purely guessing Russ, but did you guys generally run 6 furlongs to a mile? Turf?

Our Appy Ol’ Tunder was racebread with both Qs and Ts, Rocket Wrangler the sire and on the darn’s side all back to Native Dancer and Nasrullah among others. Not many spotted ponies w a T bred pedigree.

BTW, Bondo’s got a great looking spread, love that it was DIY. Maybe I shoulda been a panel basher all these years.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:10 am

Some really nice houses, and get aways there. We are just simple folks, but we do indulge ourselves with the things we like. Being severely ADHD I have to have many things to keep me occupied as some of these pics will show. Just a few of my hobbies:
Attachments
Heaven1.jpg
Heaven.jpg
iphone 303.JPG
iphone 301.JPG
0F105749-CDA0-4E6D-8B78-57E43EAAE113-4715-000003621F4004D8.JPG
vega wagon.jpg
01313_jeQqfvSRIHB_600x450_jpg.jpg
01313_jeQqfvSRIHB_600x450_jpg.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
66 Nova.jpg
00c0c_1OyrgD7P1Rs_600x450_jpg.jpg
00c0c_1OyrgD7P1Rs_600x450_jpg.jpg (50.95 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
Drums.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am

When we were coming back thru DFW on our long trip home (meaning hours) from Eureka Springs, I got a whiff of BBQ Smoke and Exhaust Fumes coming from the West - - - wish we'd had time to drop by but maybe another day ?hopefully? - - Looks totally Homey, my Friend, and thanks for sharing :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 am

OldUsedParts wrote:When we were coming back thru DFW on our long trip home (meaning hours) from Eureka Springs, I got a whiff of BBQ Smoke and Exhaust Fumes coming from the West - - - wish we'd had time to drop by but maybe another day ?hopefully? - - Looks totally Homey, my Friend, and thanks for sharing :tup: :salut: :cheers:

I look forward to the day. I fear we might get into some good ole fashioned "trouble" in more ways than one.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 am

Been there done dat - - not a prob - - my Life Callouses are like the Bark on a 1st place Brisket :salut:

BTW, the wildflowers are really making their debut and I hope to post up some Texas Beauties soon for all to see. :tup: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Boots wrote:Rambo’s lines (Leo etc) are deep in the QHorse foundation stocks, back to AQHA founding days. Your Standards are probably in between our QHorses and Thoroughbreds in terms of size and conformation. Purely guessing Russ, but did you guys generally run 6 furlongs to a mile? Turf?

Our Appy Ol’ Tunder was racebread with both Qs and Ts, Rocket Wrangler the sire and on the darn’s side all back to Native Dancer and Nasrullah among others. Not many spotted ponies w a T bred pedigree.

BTW, Bondo’s got a great looking spread, love that it was DIY. Maybe I shoulda been a panel basher all these years.

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/inf ... Arg=115364

We race on grit and gras, over 1609 ( mile) up to 3200 or 2 miles in the Nz cup. The link is my son winning his first race on a horse I bred, you can look up pedigree on that link as well.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:56 pm

I owned a very nice Skip-Doc-Leo bred Filly back in the eighties but a Vet killed her with the new and improved injectable wormer - - one of the many times I should have listened to my Gut Feeling and just took her back home and powder wormed her a few times like we always did. :banghead:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I owned a very nice Skip-Doc-Leo bred Filly back in the eighties but a Vet killed her with the new and improved injectable wormer - - one of the many times I should have listened to my Gut Feeling and just took her back home and powder wormed her a few times like we always did. :banghead:

Dang
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Yep, you have horses long enough yer gonna lose one and it’s a hard thing, particularly with all the medical experimentation that goes on, or just freak things. Was out working the barn as a young teen once, and a yearling filly late weaned just up and decided to charge the corral fence to reach the others, forehead first right into a cross tie post, dropped like a sack of taters with a broken neck, lights out immediately. Still stays w me like it just happened.

But good things happen too - like Russ’ boy strapping on that sulky for a twice round to a podium finish. Golly, you got to have some large oysters to climb up on one of those glorified bicycles in a pack of 12+ beasts averaging 1200 pounds and pace it out wheel to wheel like that. Looks like the gold rush on the Ben Hur Expressway, they oughta be in armor instead of silks.

And Outlaw, got a big kick outta your little hopped up Vega’s, speaking of Ben Hur. Bet there wasn’t enough room in the cockpit to change yer mind, much less nomex and a helmet. I sure remember the cartoon cards of those in the bubble gum packages as a kid.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:20 pm

And Outlaw, got a big kick outta your little hopped up Vega’s, speaking of Ben Hur. Bet there wasn’t enough room in the cockpit to change yer mind, much less nomex and a helmet. I sure remember the cartoon cards of those in the bubble gum packages as a kid.[/quote]

You are so right sir. The Vegas are fun but small. The orange one was a street car with basically a stock dash and interior, but the red was only a track car with only one seat and a metal dash, racing seat, and roll bar. Nothing like the smell of an big block running alcohol. They are all gone now except the orange one.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun May 27, 2018 8:05 am

Just mowed the hay Meadow yesterday; if we get some rain it should be ready to cut in about 30 days. I always mow once to get rid of the Spring weeds/junk before baling
Attachments
IMG_0794[3704].JPG
IMG_0798[3698].JPG
IMG_0798[3698].JPG (19.98 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
IMG_0800[3702].JPG
IMG_0800[3702].JPG (19.19 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
IMG_0801[3700].JPG
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 am

I don't know why my pics always come out sideways :idea: :drunk:
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Sun May 27, 2018 8:08 am

Take your Mobile sidewards, then they will be right.

I think, it depends on the forum software
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.

Return to “General Discussion”