My daily pic

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Re: My daily pic

Postby CliffCarter » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:22 pm

[quote="Joernolav"[/quote]Nice. You get real winter in Maine? Is the snow staying during winter or is melting away fast? How many months with snow during winter? I am curious because I've never been up there. We do get your lobsters here in Norway though :laughing7:
Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk[/quote]

Oh yes we get a real winter in Maine, where I live we average 60 inches(150 cm) of snow per year, last year we got about double that. Most of the snow falls in December-February but we can get it as early as mid October and as late as mid April.
Maine has a couple of world class ski resorts in the western mountains and about 14,000 miles of snowmobile trails, winter sports are a large part of our economy.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 pm

Red's Lobstah Rolls, Blueberries and Bobs Clam Hut Whole Bellied Clams !!!

Sorry guys, my mind wandered a bit when I heard the word Maine

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:26 am

Unfortunately we have to leave the beautiful snow now.

20190106_091646.jpg
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:29 am

CliffCarter wrote:[quote="Joernolav"
Nice. You get real winter in Maine? Is the snow staying during winter or is melting away fast? How many months with snow during winter? I am curious because I've never been up there. We do get your lobsters here in Norway though :laughing7:
Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk[/quote]

Oh yes we get a real winter in Maine, where I live we average 60 inches(150 cm) of snow per year, last year we got about double that. Most of the snow falls in December-February but we can get it as early as mid October and as late as mid April.
Maine has a couple of world class ski resorts in the western mountains and about 14,000 miles of snowmobile trails, winter sports are a large part of our economy.[/quote]Cool. Love the winter and the summer.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:30 am

daBertl wrote:Unfortunately we have to leave the beautiful snow now.

20190106_091646.jpg
Where have you been?

dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 am

Joernolav wrote:
daBertl wrote:Unfortunately we have to leave the beautiful snow now.

20190106_091646.jpg
Where have you been?

Ellmau, Tirol, Austria
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Never been there, look nice though.

dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:49 pm

I bought a charcoal basket for my Weber GA.
For sure it is the best pimped GA all over the world now. :laughing7:

Only the rotisserie lacks

[attachment=0]20190409_184346.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
20190409_184346.jpg
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Car parts!! Garrett GTW3476 turbo, "mini ram" turbo manifold and 3" downpipe. I've got at least 6 weeks before my next knee surgery so, I'm going to make the best of the time I have to get the car going again and re-tuned. I'm hoping to have her screaming down the track by mid-May.
20190410_134648.jpg
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:32 am

Txdragon wrote:Car parts!! Garrett GTW3476 turbo, "mini ram" turbo manifold and 3" downpipe. I've got at least 6 weeks before my next knee surgery so, I'm going to make the best of the time I have to get the car going again and re-tuned. I'm hoping to have her screaming down the track by mid-May.
20190410_134648.jpg
Once again, low C.I with one of these bad boys will slowly but surely win over even the biggest of the Big Block boys once they get behind the wheel and experience what it's about.
I'm totally 100% on board with this
I like to show people the side by side pics of the graph/chart showing what a naturally aspirated engine vs a boosted engine shows regarding the fuel spray volume and air intake volume.

Its like breathing normally with the windows up and then stick ur head out the window at 65 mph.
As for the fuel amount being injected, I can't describe it.I've been asked many times, ....When did Optima make a diesel ???.....My reply is..if you see black smoke , don't blink .

Anyways, you get it
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:43 am

woodenvisions wrote:
Txdragon wrote:Car parts!! Garrett GTW3476 turbo, "mini ram" turbo manifold and 3" downpipe. I've got at least 6 weeks before my next knee surgery so, I'm going to make the best of the time I have to get the car going again and re-tuned. I'm hoping to have her screaming down the track by mid-May.
20190410_134648.jpg
Once again, low C.I with one of these bad boys will slowly but surely win over even the biggest of the Big Block boys once they get behind the wheel and experience what it's about.
I like to show people the side by side pics of the graph/chart showing what a naturally aspirated engine vs a boosted engine shows regarding the fuel spray volume and air intake volume.

Its like breathing normally with the windows up and then stick ur head out the window at 65 mph.
As for the fuel amount being injected, I can't describe it.I've been asked many times, ....When did Optima make a diesel ???.....My reply is..if you see black smoke , don't blink .

Anyways, you get it

Yessir! Turbos are the replacement for displacement!! I've been studying EFI tuning for a bit now and it's an odd explanation. It's simple and complicated all at once. The engine burns the fuel to make power, of course and fuel demands are met when the computer figures out how much air it has. Since there's no way for the engine to regulate how much air it's taking in, fuel is adjusted as necessary to reach stoich burn. Under optimal conditions, the engine likes a 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio for the best burn. Now.. Here's the fun part. The engine also uses fuel to help keep cylinder temps cool. Engines that are modified either by forced induction or built with high compression rates will develop MUCH higher cylinder temps due to operating pressure. This requires more fuel under higher demand and that excess fuel will create black smoke from the exhaust. Tuners usually look for lower Air/fuel ratios at those points. What they shoot for depends on the application and mods and so on. For instance, a turbo vehicle under full throttle in 3rd gear may want to see around 11 - 10.5:1 air/fuel ratio, while a naturally aspirated, high compression big block with cams could get away leaner at 12 - 12.5:1. Of course, every engine is different and you can NOT expect 2 engines with mirrored builds to behave the same.
There's where real complications come in. Lol!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 am

Txdragon wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:
20190410_134648.jpg

Anyways, you get it

Yessir! Turbos are the replacement for displacement!! I've been studying EFI tuning for a bit now and it's an odd explanation. It's simple and complicated all at once. The engine burns the fuel to make power, of course and fuel demands are met when the computer figures out how much air it has. Since there's no way for the engine to regulate how much air it's taking in, fuel is adjusted as necessary to reach stoich burn. Under optimal conditions, the engine likes a 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio for the best burn. Now.. Here's the fun part. The engine also uses fuel to help keep cylinder temps cool. Engines that are modified either by forced induction or built with high compression rates will develop MUCH higher cylinder temps due to operating pressure. This requires more fuel under higher demand and that excess fuel will create black smoke from the exhaust. Tuners usually look for lower Air/fuel ratios at those points. What they shoot for depends on the application and mods and so on. For instance, a turbo vehicle under full throttle in 3rd gear may want to see around 11 - 10.5:1 air/fuel ratio, while a naturally aspirated, high compression big block with cams could get away leaner at 12 - 12.5:1. Of course, every engine is different and you can NOT expect 2 engines with mirrored builds to behave the same.
There's where real complications come in. Lol!
Yeah man, I've seen some burnt valves thru the years. I feel at ease whenever I see black smoke when I decide to lay into it.
Even at 30 $ a plug, I'd rather buy 4 of them then replace burnt valves. Best part is I still get 33-35 mpg on long trips.
Win/Win
145,000 miles still runs like it did new.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing ur ride when its goin down the road.
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Are you guys tuning your rides for race tracks or for the normal use?

Soory for asking, but if I lived in America, I would drive completely different cars as I do now.
For what do you need a lot of horsepowers?

What is about the driving on race tracs for perivate man?
Can u do that whenever you want? Is ist expensive?

I just ask, because my Hobby is also driving on race tracks.
But besides of that I can also use my car on public streets in Germany.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:52 pm

daBertl wrote:Are you guys tuning your rides for race tracks or for the normal use?

Soory for asking, but if I lived in America, I would drive completely different cars as I do now.
For what do you need a lot of horsepowers?

What is about the driving on race tracs for perivate man?
Can u do that whenever you want? Is ist expensive?

I just ask, because my Hobby is also driving on race tracks.
But besides of that I can also use my car on public streets in Germany.

Yes, I race as well. I would like for it to be legal, so I am certainly working on getting known at more local events. Otherwise, it's all a risk! My car is registered and I can drive it on the streets legally. In my state, there are very few rules we have to follow in regard to engine modifications. I would love one day to take my car to Nurburgring, by the way!!
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Hrhrhrhr, then we should rename the thread into "my daily car" :D

So you can see, I think it was 2006, I was also a Turbo Fan :laughing7:

P9021701.JPG

The same as I´m nowadays

DSC07309-21. Mai 2017-2.jpg

Return to “General Discussion”