How to use an electric stove?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JackDaniels
Pilgrim

How to use an electric stove?

Postby JackDaniels » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 am

I’m planning to surprise my girlfriend abroad with some home cooked meals when I visit her, and I just don’t know how to use one of those electric stoves. When she first invited me to her home after the Asian dating social we attended, I noticed that she uses an electric stove rather than the usual one that uses gas. I was planning on surprising her by cooking her breakfast in the morning but I’m kind of skeptical with my cooking abilities when using an electric one. Need some help!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: How to use an electric stove?

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:23 am

Best Advice I can offer is "Practice Practice Practice" - - - also for a while you need to stay simple and close by.
Good Luck with this :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am

An electric is NOT like gas; heat does not come up or down instantly. My stove has buttons and when sauteeing I have to ride my electric like a rodeo master, switching between medium and medium-high most of the time so food gets cooked but not burned.

Simmering is a little better. But you still sometimes have to switch heat levels.

Good luck.
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:An electric is NOT like gas; heat does not come up or down instantly. My stove has buttons and when sauteeing I have to ride my electric like a rodeo master, switching between medium and medium-high most of the time so food gets cooked but not burned.

Simmering is a little better. But you still sometimes have to switch heat levels.

Good luck.

This is correct. I'd go lower heat rather than higher heat until I get used to it. You might want to spend your money on take out. :chef:

Return to “General Discussion”