Freezer Power Alarm

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Freezer Power Alarm

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:16 am

Hey Y'all, since my recently purchased frig/freezer is in my shop and not in the house, I was considering getting an alarm in case it should loose power and I didn't know it for several days.

If any of Y'all have had any personal experience with these and any possible recommendations or info, I would certainly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks, and have a great weekend :tup: :salut:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/freezer-alarm
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Freezer Power Alarm

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:33 am

this one may cost ya a little more but does not include a "remote" alarm unit.

https://www.thermoworks.com/RT8100

do you have Wi-Fi? Being that your freezer is not in the house where some one may wonder by and hear or see an alarm would be the main concern, the other concern is the warranty of the device that you purchase for protection. cooks country, choice or America's test kitchen has never steered my wrong on product selection, they have always been spot on.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:41 am

thanks, S.T., :salut: being that we're in a subdv I only want any audio alarm to be inside the house - - got to keep it simple to operate because I am a digital/cyber idiot :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 am

that is why I asked about the Wi-Fi, if you have it you could buy a device to connect to your wireless router and it could let you know about your freezer, BBQ pit and house alarm as well as water flow, to prevent flooding from a broken what ever line inside your house, these things do cost a little but can provide you very much assurance any where your cell phone works. Just a thought, if you decide you want to spend a few $$ I can show you how to get your house in the connected world, including being able to lock or unlock your doors or open or close your garage door.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Y'all, since my recently purchased frig/freezer is in my shop and not in the house, I was considering getting an alarm in case it should loose power and I didn't know it for several days.

If any of Y'all have had any personal experience with these and any possible recommendations or info, I would certainly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks, and have a great weekend :tup: :salut:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/freezer-alarm

That's a good idea; once we lost an entire freezerful of food because the door didn't close properly.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:42 am

spacetrucker wrote:that is why I asked about the Wi-Fi, if you have it you could buy a device to connect to your wireless router and it could let you know about your freezer, BBQ pit and house alarm as well as water flow, to prevent flooding from a broken what ever line inside your house, these things do cost a little but can provide you very much assurance any where your cell phone works. Just a thought, if you decide you want to spend a few $$ I can show you how to get your house in the connected world, including being able to lock or unlock your doors or open or close your garage door.

I do indeed appreciate that offer, my Friend, but my body and brain can't handle it at the moment - - - ?maybe later? :bow: :tup: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:01 am

Welps there has to be a word for this but it's not Karma or Deja Vu. :banghead:

Just went to the shop to check the frig and the water that I had put in the freezer a couple days ago and it was OFF
The breaker on the wall plug had thrown and when I tried to reset it or use another plug to plug the frig/freezer into, it kept throwing the breaker. :banghead:

So now it's call my Electrician friend and see if the breaker is too small or if there's something else wrong. :angryfire: :banghead:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:18 am

I had a power socket installed that beeps at me if it trips. But ours is in the garage so I can hear it in the house.

Bought one of the wireless ones but I keep forgetting to change the batteries …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”