Forum Activity

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigthicketbbq USER_AVATAR
BigThicketBBQ
Wrangler

Forum Activity

Postby BigThicketBBQ » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:44 am

I’m really enjoying this forum (Thank you, Sucklebusters!). I prefer the ease of use on my phone compared to some of the others out there. My only gripe is the lack of activity. Not to be presumptuous, but have you guys considered some type of membership drive?
——————————————
There is love enough in this world for everybody, if people will just look - Vonnegut
Instagram/behindthepinecurtain
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Forum Activity

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm glad you're here. There's only so much to talk about and many of the folks here work. I'll usually log in with my coffee and scan around then get ready for the day. I'll check in periodically and then after Supper, right now. It's a great group of Folks and I hope The Sherriff doesn't change a thing. Just my 2 cents
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:43 pm

And members are from all over the world, so when I'm posting most are in bed,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 pm

This is the most family friendly forum you'll find.
It may seem a bit less active than others and you'll notice less controversial because we tend to keep things focused on what we have in common avoiding differences.
We try to keep it open, helpful and friendly....

FAT SIDE DOWN!!
tarde venientibus ossa....
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Papa Tom wrote:This is the most family friendly forum you'll find.
It may seem a bit less active than others and you'll notice less controversial because we tend to keep things focused on what we have in common avoiding differences.

FAT SIDE DOWN!!

Perfectly said PT. Too much “My way or the highway on other forums” we got a good group here. New members are always welcome, as long as they respect the opinions of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:32 am

Gotta agree, and I can offer a little personal insight here too. MANY years ago I was an early member of a general chat forum. Small group of folks, with widely varying opinions on politics and other issues. When it was small, everybody seemed able to discuss their differences politely, be willing to concede the occasional point, and just agree to disagree. Everybody got along great.

As the forum grew though, simple law of statistical averages dictated that we picked up more and more "bomb throwers" (figurative, hence the quotes) and trolls. They all seemed determined to force their views on others too. The site went downhill on the proverbial slippery slope. Last I checked, it's still there, but it went from being one of the biggest forums 20 or so years ago to a ghost town now. If you want further proof, just look at Reddit. It tends to be a real zoo.

Me, I'd love to see some of the lurkers we've got actually start posting. Hopefully they'd turn out to be decent people just like the active members. Going out and actively recruiting though... Nah. It's like buying a Walmart grill... Sooner or later you know it'll blow up and fall apart. :mrgreen:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 am

Papa Tom wrote:This is the most family friendly forum you'll find.
FAT SIDE DOWN!!

:tup: :bow: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :bow: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :bow: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :bow: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bigthicketbbq USER_AVATAR
BigThicketBBQ
Wrangler

Postby BigThicketBBQ » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:20 am

Yeah, I think the solution may not be more members, but more content from the regular members.
——————————————
There is love enough in this world for everybody, if people will just look - Vonnegut
Instagram/behindthepinecurtain
Markw142
Cowboy

Postby Markw142 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 am

LOL who you calling a lurker :P
WDS Cookers - Tomball Tx
LoneStar Grillz LSGTP 24’’X 84’’ trailer rig
Oklahoma Joe offset 20"x48" home rig
Weber kettle
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 pm

On the road headed to Louisiana but will be active this weekend. Demo (maybe spelled Demeaux in Houma, LA) cook promoting Sucklebusters, BGEs, Green Mountain Oellet Poopers, and Outside and In. Gonna be a blast. Will take a few picks. Mounted a banner Dan sent me and packed up up all the usual stuff. Gloves, chopping blocks, foil box, knives, tongs, napkins, forks, spoons, etc.
Attachments
1F23AC5B-F2FE-451C-8145-D15D538D8F48.jpeg
C77CCE09-9827-4440-92A6-BE214753C298.jpeg
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:01 pm

LOL MarkW. :D

Have a safe trip, Egg. :salut: :tup:
Rec Tec 680

tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm

I think social networking has taken a lot of previous forum users with it. I've been frequenting BBQ boards for a good 15 years or so now and to be honest, there are only so many pictures of the same things I can take.
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm

tex_toby wrote:I think social networking has taken a lot of previous forum users with it. I've been frequenting BBQ boards for a good 15 years or so now and to be honest, there are only so many pictures of the same things I can take.

Yeah I can kind of relate there... I feel like I'm post *****ing if I'm posting pics of the same stuff over and over. :deadhorse: Still trying to finish off that last brisket I did also, so grillin has slowed down for me, temporarily.

Still trying to pop on and at least encourage others and join in conversations though. :salut:
Rec Tec 680

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Sounds like fun, Sir Egg, enjoy and drive safe - - - - :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed May 02, 2018 7:09 pm

egghead wrote:On the road headed to Louisiana but will be active this weekend. Demo (maybe spelled Demeaux in Houma, LA) cook promoting Sucklebusters, BGEs, Green Mountain Oellet Poopers, and Outside and In. Gonna be a blast. Will take a few picks. Mounted a banner Dan sent me and packed up up all the usual stuff. Gloves, chopping blocks, foil box, knives, tongs, napkins, forks, spoons, etc.

What a cool set-up, and good luck!
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”