Getting Concerned about the Heat

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Getting Concerned about the Heat

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:24 am

We went down to the Father=In=Laws yesterday and his garden is suffering already. Lost one bell pepper plant and Squash & Peas a struggling.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 am

The Wife's Hydrangeas already look like they've been hit by a propan torch and I've been watering every other day. I'm starting to think that San Augustine would look better in those beds anyhow :dont: :laughing7: :lol: :D

However, the Johnson Grass is thriving well :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:41 am

Our local forecast pretty good today/ tomorrow. 91-89 will feel like a cold front; heat indexes yesterday were 105
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:41 am

Also a 30% chance of showers
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Yeah, we broke 100 here today also. Normally that doesn't happen tll late July. Looks like it's gonna be a hot year alright.

Global warming though... Nah, weather varies. That's it's nature (lol). Back in the 70s when I was in school, we were all going to die in the impending ice age, then it became global warming, then it's climate change... Now a hurricane takes a bad (destructive) course thru populated areas and it's man made "extreme weather". Don't get me wrong, I'm all for clean air and water, but I think the extreme elements of the environmental movement are hurting their cause with fear and exaggeration.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:50 am

The concept is that the changes in the atmosphere (man made or not) allow the oceans to get warmer than normal and since the oceans are the heat sink for the entire planet the normal weather patterns are disrupted which presents as increased severity of normal weather events.
Saying there is nothing wrong or nothing is going wrong with global weather patterns is just head in the sand stupidity.
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 am

it's a comin' ......
Attachments
34199514_10157764041639199_2781140058877460480_n.jpg
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 am

Chasdev wrote:The concept is that the changes in the atmosphere (man made or not) allow the oceans to get warmer than normal and since the oceans are the heat sink for the entire planet the normal weather patterns are disrupted which presents as increased severity of normal weather events.
Saying there is nothing wrong or nothing is going wrong with global weather patterns is just head in the sand stupidity.

Thanks for the personal attack. :tup: VERY classy. Glad you're open minded about it. Might want to read "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming" and other sources for the other side. Meteorologists are the largest group of scientists that are skeptics for example. No point in rational discussion with somebody who violates site rules and resorts to ad hominem attacks though. Weather goes through cycles, both long and short term. That aside, we should still take all reasonable steps to be good stewards of the Earth.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 am

Time for a paranoia self check there guy, I did not quote you, so chill out.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am

Let's play nice
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:23 am

OK, Members, that's enuff "please" :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Chasdev wrote:The concept is that the changes in the atmosphere (man made or not) allow the oceans to get warmer than normal and since the oceans are the heat sink for the entire planet the normal weather patterns are disrupted which presents as increased severity of normal weather events.

Easy now! There are many theories and standpoints on what's going on with the environment. While they may ALL be wrong in the eyes of God, they are certainly welcomed to be heard peacefully and without attack. ;)
(Insert witty signature here)
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 pm

That being said... The earth has dumped more pollution on itself over its lifetime than humans have even come close to in our short time on it. We're talking shot glass in a swimming pool.. Not to say we're making anything better, but I personally feel that nature has a way of healing itself, and it will do so with or without us.
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “General Discussion”