Prime not Choice ?I hope?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Prime not Choice ?I hope?

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Well Gang, I think I just made a score of some Prime Beef but only time will tell. A feller that does mobile meat deliveries knocked on my door and said he had two boxes of meat at a bargain. One was chicken and the other was Prime Beef. The Retail price for that box in Choice was $310 but I got the box in Prime Quality for $138. They certainly look good and all the boxes are marked Prime. The different cuts looked great and the steaks were thick cut, especially the rib-eyes which also had lots of marbling in them.

He gave me his pamphlet for any future needs and I put everything in the "extra" freezer/frig out in the shop. I couldn't have handled that much without that extra frig/freezer that I primarily bought for the Rehearsal Dinner.

Here's a list of what I bought in Choice so ?maybe? I made a good deal, especially since mine say "Prime" :dont: :scratch: :?:
IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Prime not Choice ?I hope?

Postby Rambo » Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 pm

Local?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:15 am

Yup !
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 pm

At least they have a street address and everything. My g/f's n'er do well brother fell for a guy selling meat door to door out of a cooler in the back of his truck. The "beef" didn't have the right texture, marbling or color for beef. :?

IMG_0993.JPG
Mystery Meat

Here's hoping your meat turns out much better, OUP :D
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.

Return to “General Discussion”