Father's Day Thread

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Father's Day Thread

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:16 am

My Dad has been gone for 13 years but I still think of him all the time.
Love you and Miss you, Scrappy :salut:
FathersDay3.jpg.JPG

FathersDay1.jpg.jpg

FathersDay2.jpg.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Father's Day Thread

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Your Dad must’ve been quite the man. I love the pictures. Really dig that Outlaw Country look you had going. Thought your dad was standing next to Waylon for a second :)

My Dad and best friend passed away about 13 years ago as well. I understand your sentiment as I miss him everyday too. He was a larger than life character that put his kids first and foremost above everything.

His friends new him as Big Mike.

Thanks for starting this thread Parts.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Great Pics, Sooner - - - he's got that million dollar smile too :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Happy Father's Day to you guys and the ones that we dearly miss :(
Couple months away from the 30 year mark for me :(
I think I'm gonna take that day off, pull Evan out of daycare and head to spend some time with Pops & my Big Brother in Arlington Cemetery. Evan is 2 years, 3 months old and talks like a chatterbox.
I'm thinking that I can get him to talk to his Grandpa and Uncle that he never got a chance to meet.
That would mean more to me than anything in the world.

Thanks for the thread Emm and I'll be thinking about you, bsooner and both of your pops tonight..
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Same to you WV. My kids never got a chance to meet my Dad on this earth either. It’s a shame, he’d have been the best Grandpa ever. However, I strongly believe he met them before the good Lord sent them to us. My oldest made some comments when she was younger that blew my wife and my minds. Really affirmed this belief.

Happy Fathers Day guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:28 pm

We must celebrate it on a different day, my kids spoil me, and my wife,lol. My dad gave my mum the bash when I was 3 , and walked out never to be seen again. I think it made me who I am, because I always been a go getter and done well in life, my kids never missed me on anything, from coaching them at sport and on committees at their school they prolly saw too much of me,lol.

My son is chair of his schools p.t.a now, so we musta done something right.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:03 am

Congrats to all - - - as far as my two Sons getting to know my Dad goes, I/they were very fortunate and got to spend many fun times together. We all fished together, hunted together and just hung out and enjoyed each other. They can tell some of the best and funniest stories from those good old days as well as I can. What a blessing that was sometimes taken for granted :bow: :salut: :cheers: :texas:

Return to “General Discussion”