Complimentary Flatter - Jelly

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Complimentary Flatter - Jelly

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:42 am

They say that imitation is a compliment and after all it was Rambo's Salsa Preserve Thread that made me stop my procrastination and "git'er done".

Last week I made up some Pepper Jelly Puree with plans to whoop out a mess the first chance I got. Well, there have been no chances in my schedule of late BUT after running and getting my ears lowered this morning, I took advantage of a 90 minute break and made some Peppa Jelly. :tup:

Here is the Recipe I use in case anyone would like it.
https://www.freshpreserving.com/jalapen ... r1247.html

IMG_0001.JPG

Who says a watched Pot won't boil - - - it just takes a little longer :roll: :P :laughing7:
IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

I shamelessly call it "OUP'S Sweet Heat"
IMG_0004.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Complimentary Flatter - Jelly

Postby Rambo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 am

Beautiful color; your consistency looks good too
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 am

thanks, I've been wanting to use several colors of peppers, grind them more coarse and have a clearer gel as the base but haven't come up with a definite plan yet??????????????????????????
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:44 am

Ooooo...prettyyyy! :salut:
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:07 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, I've been wanting to use several colors of peppers, grind them more coarse and have a clearer gel as the base but haven't come up with a definite plan yet??????????????????????????

If you grind them together they’ll make their own color ( learned that the hard way). If you want an “accent “ color you’ll have to finely chop and stir in
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:37 pm

that's what I want is the "accent color" - - - I did some back around 2004 when we lived in the Hill Country but I can't remember what I did :roll:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 pm

I googled this pic and it's close to what we did in the Hill Country and I'd like to duplicate it next time instead of it coming out green. :dont:
Jalapeno-Pepper-Jelly.jpg

When put up a lot of jellies when we lived out there. We even made some Cactus Prickly Pear Jelly, label and all, that was great but what a pain to do.
email stove after.JPG

PRICKLY PEAR LABEL.jpg
PRICKLY PEAR LABEL.jpg (24.59 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Looks great OUP. I’m hoping for something similar this coming fall with my peppers. I might have to ask you how you did it when that day comes.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:59 am

You know you’re not going to get that color unless the pot fruit is red or orangey
Last edited by Rambo on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am

Rambo wrote:You know you’re not going to get that color unless the pot fruit is reformed orangey

It would only be a cosmetic thing so I'm thinking to leave well enuff alone and not try to fix what ain't broke :dont: :D
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:04 am

Copasspupil wrote:Looks great OUP. I’m hoping for something similar this coming fall with my peppers. I might have to ask you how you did it when that day comes.

Just holler when you're ready C.P. - - - it's just a Ball Recipe that I googled and it's in my bookmarks. This last batch seemed to have set up harder than I prefer but I'll follow up as soon as I'm more positive. :dont:

Return to “General Discussion”