Texas?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Texas?

Postby Rambo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:30 am

Local Entrepreneur Brings Dickey's Texas-Style Barbecue to Florida
AVENTURA, Fla., July 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Peter Juris is bringing a new Dickey's Barbecue Pit location to Aventura, Florida. Peter has been working in the restaurant and hospitality industry for many years and is excited to open his first Dickey's Barbecue Pit in Fall 2018.

"The dedication and excitement Peter has shown is something that truly inspires all of us at Dickey's," says Laura Rea Dickey, CEO of Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. "We are proud to have such a seasoned restauranteur bring so much passion to the brand and we look forward to the opening of his Aventura location."
Before moving to the United States, Peter owned the largest meat processing plant in Ecuador. He distributed his product to the entire country and managed over 300 people. To further his knowledge about the restaurant business, he earned his master's degree in meat processing in Germany. Now, with his wealth of experience, he looks forward to Dickey's being his first restaurant.
"I have been involved with meat and meat processing all my life," says Peter. "I love barbecue and wanted to bring it to Florida. It is not as well known here, and I want to show people that Dickey's is the best option."
Peter already has plans to open more Dickey's Barbecue Pit locations in the North Miami and Fort Lauderdale area. He is excited to expand the brand to as many Floridians as he can, while working in an industry he loves.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Texas?

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 am

SorryForTasteBuds.gif
SorryForTasteBuds.gif (4.7 MiB) Viewed 1048 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Can we sue to have all mentions of Texas removed from that article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:28 pm

"Somebody Git'a Rope" :x
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:23 pm

What gets me is Dickey and others that claim to be a BBQ joint and I get excited and make the drive. When I get there, I see the place, no smoke anyway either by smell or sight...how does one call it bbq then???? There's a place in Cashmere, (Central) Washington that states its a fire fired BBQ. Mind you their ribbon fries are ridiculously good and some times anything fried is good. Right? No smoke, no smoke ring and when I asked them where's the smoke they got offended by my question. Honestly some people.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:29 pm

I've already made my exceedingly low opinion of Dickey's known, LOL. They never did answer my throwdown challenge on Yelp either. :P

Seriously though, y'all need to get together and have the Governor pass some sort of law protecting the use of the state's name, esp when used by restaurants serving TV dinner quality food.

On a related note... We went back to Freebird's again and they're still pushing "Texas" brisket as a meat option for their burritos. THIS is really a 'get a rope' offense. THe Brisket in the serving pan was cooked to death to the point of looking shredded like pulled pork or a pot roast that was in the crock pot all day. :tdown: :banghead: floating in BBQ sauce to the point it looked like sloppy joe mix too.

Grumpy Cat Hang.JPG
Nuff Said
Grumpy Cat Hang.JPG (62.32 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

EDIT: Yes, I know the assembly actually passes laws, the governor ratifies or vetoes them. Y'all know what I meant though, LOL.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.

Return to “General Discussion”