Galveston "Area" Campground Suggestions

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Galveston "Area" Campground Suggestions

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 am

Hey Y'all, my youngest Son and his Wife and Dog are wanting to take their Trailer down to some Salt Water and do some Camping and Fishing and R & R next week/weekend and they need any Suggestions anyone might have on a good place to make reservations. He doesn't want to have to drive in order to fish so the Salt H2O needs to be within walking distance for him and his dawg.

This does not have to be Galveston either - - - it could be on the Bolivar side or Freeport/St. Louis Pass - - ETC :dont:

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Galveston "Area" Campground Suggestions

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:21 am

Have them look into Galveston Island State Park. I haven’t stayed there but it is on my list. You can fish right there in the park. There was construction going on last time I looked so have them check that as well. TPWD usually lists that kind of thing on the parks website.

If they want more of an RV resort let me know. My inlaws go down with their motorcycles and RV every year and stay at a resort they like. I can find out the name. Pretty sure you would have to go elsewhere to fish though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks Sooner, I'll certainly tell them about that one and if you find out about any others please holler. Back in the DAZE I used to know all the spots down there, especially if you could stay the night and wet a hook. :tup: While googling I noticed one called Dellanera Park that had both Lagoon Fishing and walking access to the Surf which made me say "hmmmm???"

thanks again,
Emm
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:05 am

Gets pretty good reviews on RV Park Reviews site

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/te ... -park-2779

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm

They can go to Port Aransas and get a camping permit and camp right on the beach, or there are a couple of RV parks in walking distance to the beach down there.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 am

thanks G-Rails :tup: :salut:

Return to “General Discussion”