My Name Ain't ALICE

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

My Name Ain't ALICE

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:17 pm

The Wife and I finally made it to a place that I've been wanting to try for some time and everything was going great until I noticed this little sign on our table that read.

1. Take a ticket and the pen that is provided
2. Write down the food you want
3. Write down the beverage you want
4. Take the ticket to the counter and give it to one of the girls

So I'm thinking "what the hey" and start to TAKE OUR ORDER - - - first of all the Wife says she wants a Doc Holliday but doesn't want Rye bread. She also said that she wanted the chez on the Side. Then she said she wanted the dressing on the side also.

Well, I'm already down to line number 4 on just her order alone so I look into her eyes and say "Let's just get outa here. This is *#&#)*&%#."
So we got up and left but as we were walking out the girl that had been leaning on the counter since we came in said "Have a nice day" :banghead: :angryfire:

If you want to take a peek at this Menu, I'm sure you'll see why I wanted to try their food.
https://www.facebook.com/buldogies/menu/
"Ain't Gonna Happen Capt'n"
(no reference to Capt'n Jack of course)
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: My Name Ain't ALICE

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Did you have the option to fill in the price you wanted to pay? That might get me interested :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:37 pm

I'll take the loaded fries and NYC dog...

But I'll have to make 'em myself. :laughing7:
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Great menu. I don't get the fill it in style of business. I recently struck it in a makkas here. I'll stick to drive by.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:23 pm

That's crazy.

Restaurants out here are doing stuff like that due to the $15 an hour crowd pushing that across the state. They can't afford servers, so they're converting to quick serve style pick up your own food and wifi ordering things at the table. Texas though??? Y'all are supposed to understand customer service better than that.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: My Name Ain't ALICE

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:56 am

rms827 wrote:That's crazy.

Restaurants out here are doing stuff like that due to the $15 an hour crowd pushing that across the state. They can't afford servers, so they're converting to quick serve style pick up your own food and wifi ordering things at the table. Texas though??? Y'all are supposed to understand customer service better than that.
No state is safe from it unfortunately, the problem is Ideaology. I don't want to get political on here so ill keep it to the bottom of the scale but we can thank certain states for this idea. Over time it will start to spread everywhere. Sad part is,I moved from my home state for reasons like this. The wheels have been turning for this for a long time now, easily now for 15 years but now instead of disguising it, its full bore ahead and anyone in the way gets rolled...I'm all for paying people for thier skills and the job at hand, not a SET flat hourly min wage for everyone at 15$ an hour. That's unfair for the ones that work like dogs and barely make that much just to get by while others Skate by for doing life experience Entry Jobs.
The Food Industry will be the first area that will be hit, in turn customer service will suffer as well. As for Texans understanding the customer service, I'm positive they do. Its the ones with these ideas that don't care to understand it that's the problem.

Keep strong Texas, ur a stronghold that's needed and Everybody knows it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:45 am

You wife sounds like mine and that's why I don't go through a drive-thru with her, it drive's me crazy trying to order for her. :banghead: :banghead:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:22 am

Williep wrote:You wife sounds like mine and that's why I don't go through a drive-thru with her, it drive's me crazy trying to order for her. :banghead: :banghead:

:tup: :salut: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:34 am

Funny, my wife and my girls are the exact same way. Drives me crazy, Thought I was the only one
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:57 am

Slippery slope for me with this topic. Yes my wife is the same and when we go get fast food the manager sees my wife coming and knows her so they will usually tell the person taking the order that they got this one. Like a badge of honor they know what’s coming and gladly accept it.

We use to go out more but I find more and more that I can make it taste better at home than the restaurants. Now if it is something I can’t make or can’t figure it out then I will pay for it gladly.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:06 am

My Wife can "TWEEK" a Grilled Cheese Sammich :banghead: :whiteflag: :roll:
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 am

Copasspupil wrote:We use to go out more but I find more and more that I can make it taste better at home than the restaurants.....

Amen to that. All of the "new" joints locally leave me disappointed and broke. I've just about quit ordering burgers knowing I get them when I want and they taste sooooo much better.
:chef:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 am

DITTO :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: My Name Ain't ALICE

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:18 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
rms827 wrote:That's crazy.

No state is safe from it unfortunately, the problem is Ideaology. I don't want to get political on here so ill keep it to the bottom of the scale but we can thank certain states for this idea. Over time it will start to spread everywhere. Sad part is,I moved from my home state for reasons like this. The wheels have been turning for this for a long time now, easily now for 15 years but now instead of disguising it, its full bore ahead and anyone in the way gets rolled...I'm all for paying people for thier skills and the job at hand, not a SET flat hourly min wage for everyone at 15$ an hour. That's unfair for the ones that work like dogs and barely make that much just to get by while others Skate by for doing life experience Entry Jobs.
The Food Industry will be the first area that will be hit, in turn customer service will suffer as well. As for Texans understanding the customer service, I'm positive they do. Its the ones with these ideas that don't care to understand it that's the problem.

Keep strong Texas, ur a stronghold that's needed and Everybody knows it.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

This is just one of many reasons we hardly eat out any more.
Moink!
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:48 pm

We went to a local place last week, you order at the bar, (no problem there) then we got given a disc that vibrates when your meals ready, got told you pick up meal and cutlery at a window. Ok big problem here. We normally have someone bring us our meals. We won't be going back. Vote with your feet.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “General Discussion”