LOBSTERS HAVE RIGHTS!!! WHO KNEW???

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Re: LOBSTERS HAVE RIGHTS!!! WHO KNEW???

Postby rms827 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:43 am

I pay too much attention to this kind of stuff, so I know it's been going on for a good while now. There are animal rights activists that have been trying to promote the idea that lobsters and fish have rights and are near human level intelligent too. Guess that explains why they get aught in unbaited traps so easy, right? LOL.

Anyhoo, I'm all for making sure animals have a reasonably comfortable living arrangement on farms (don't like the no room to move cages that hens and some pigs end up in), and that animals don't suffer when slaughtered. PETA really pushes things too far though and does more to hurt their cause than help it.

Me, I belong to the other PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:19 pm

I new when I saw the post title that this was the most stupid news story from Maine ever to make national headlines.
PETA does something like this every year, one year it was some poor soul in a lobster suit protesting in Portland. Trouble is it was a RED lobster suit, meaning
he was all boiled up and ready to be eaten... :banghead:
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm

I feel for yah, Cliff. I''m in California here. Every day it's a competition between wackadoo special interest groups to come up with the dumbest idea and get the most media attention.
Rec Tec 680

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Wow!! These people vote, want to take our guns, reproduce, and will take care of us in old age. God help us.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Maine is the king of East Coast Cold Water Lobstah. Imho there is no better tasting Lobstah but I admit, I'm partial to them, especially the 2-3 lbers.
They can try as hard as they want to, but the " correct minded " New Englanders won't put up with thier Crap.
That business is just too BIG in that state.
Same with thier BooBerrize...

Its like telling Texans to give up MEAT , telling New Yorkers to give up Sabretts, Joizey folk to put down thier Pizza Pie and like telling Maryland to stop eating Soft Shell Crabs.... It ain't gonna happen without one heck of a fight.

Total Brains full of Mush !!!

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:22 pm

It takes less than you think, Wooden. California used to be way different than it is. Look at Hollywood specifically. During WW2 and even Korea, they were solidly patriotic. Vietnam, they started turning Left. Now they're left of Mao.

I could spell out the patterns of going after traditional values piece by piece (in the name of being enlightened and or tolerant), infiltrating college teaching staffs, etc... The big problem isn't the fringe elements, the problem is the general public who is either too wrapped up in their reality TV to care, OR has been beaten into silence; being told it's rude to stand up for what's correct. Nowadays, it's the loudest voices that are winning, despite them being a small fringe element.

Can't happen 'there'... Look at Austin in Texas. Nobody is safe as long as people are unwilling to politely but firmly take a stand.
Rec Tec 680

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:28 pm

I know it. I've got family about 30 min NE of San Fran. Huge difference in just the past 25 years. Just my opinion but my $ is on the Lobster and Fishing industry up north.
But....., just in case I'm wrong I will just have to chomp on some crustaceans in the near future.

Grrr, now I want a Lobstah Roll :)

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Very late in dialing back to my own thread, but could not help myself in this instance given I have a message for Professor Bunky, A tired old joke from my college days as a business major:

“You can’t spell Geek without a double EE! “

:cheers:
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “General Discussion”