?Go Figger?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

?Go Figger?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:52 pm

It's been a strange Holiday today. Even tho our Waste Service pick-ups website says that they are going to pick up tomorrow, they picked up today. I lucked out and got mine picked up because "I forgot" and put it on the curb this morning. The U. S. Postal Service website says the same thing but they are out and about today. Sooooooo wha'sup with all of this ???? Anybody else experiencing Paranormal People today :?: :dont: :scratch:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Re: ?Go Figger?

Postby rms827 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 pm

NO clue with the trash folks OUP. This is California I'm stuck in. Out here 2/3 of the folks with a job act like they're doing you a favor on a regular day. Trash pickup on a holiday? Never happen here.

Now as for the post office... They do make special deliveries on Sundays and holidays other than the big 3 (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter). That only for the overnight stuff, etc... that you pay out the wazoo for. Another possibility is that out there, they traded labor day for another holiday that Texas celebrates. California state workers deal with this. The lobbying groups and their state union decided Ceasar Chavez was more important than Washington and Lincoln. Sooo, they get Ceasar Chavez day off but had to give up president's day for it. Apparently even the state has a limit on how many holidays they should have, lol.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Our holidays normally fall on a Monday or Friday. Our waste cycles are Wednesday. No para normal stuff here. Post here everyday except Sunday.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 pm

We gotta notice that trash would not be delayed this week and as previously mentioned there are certain high priority deliveries that go out regardless of day. Also, Amazon contracts the post office for some deliveries (slowly going away now that they have their own drivers) and Prime stops for no one! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Well, Gang, I think Y'all have answered my questions :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”